Friday, March 7, 2014

torture

my cousin asked me to make him a mix cd like i did for his nephew. seeing that i feel like i now know how to use iTunes correctly, today became a lesson in torture. i got the cd out of the way and then proceeded to find all these old songs that reminded me of past girlfriends. talk about a few hours of misery.

i did watch The Big Bang Theory last night. i laughed at the end because i remember doing plenty of great shit for my girlfriends and i got absolutely nothing in return. and by nothing, i mean nothing. i can't imagine why i'm old and bitter.

i must have been in just enough pain after doing the dishes last night that i sat back in my easy chair and next thing i know it is 1 in the morning. thankfully, i was able to fall back asleep rather easily. not exactly used to getting more than 6 hours of sleep. almost felt tired this morning. almost.

the sun has been out all day long. amazingly, it did hit the 50's. so, the snow is slowly turning to mud. my mother realized that when she got out to open the back to unload the groceries. just enough mud to make a fucking disaster inside the house. fun.

the New York Rangers play tonight in Carolina. i'm not going to say it is a must win, but it is pretty damn close to one. they really need the 2 points tonight. i believe they are back to a fully healthy lineup, so that should help. of course, it would also help if Hank gets a few huge stops early and is really on his game.

i suppose after that i'll be hopefully enjoying a victory beer either watching the tree house show or perhaps some basketball.

early tomorrow morning, Manchester United plays. so i will be getting to sleep early tonight. well, early for me. i'll be on here tomorrow after the game, hopefully not bitterly pissed off. if they lose tomorrow, that anger will take me right into the basketball game tomorrow night. i found out they are also doing the hall of fame ceremony tomorrow night at halftime. one of my favorite players ever at Dayton, Keith Waleskowski, is going in. i wear my emotions on my sleeve, so i'll have a tear in my eyes. never mind the fact it will also be Senior Night as well. hopefully they go out with a win.

i spent so much time on iTunes today, i damn near forgot to eat lunch and take my nerve pill. my love for music is quickly entering the disease stage. i suppose that's one of the better ones to have.

hope everyone has a great weekend. be well, be creative, be naughty, be productive, be evil, be better than the piece of shit next to you at the store.

peace and chicken grease bitches...

music:

Drivin' N' Cryin' - Straight to Hell (MP3 Single)
The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (MP3 Single)
Joe Ely - The Road Goes on Forever (MP3 Single)
Ryan Bingham - Until I'm One With You (MP3 Single)
Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers - Start the Day Early (MP3 Single)
James McMurtry - Cold Dog Soup (MP3 Single)
Edwin McCain - I'll Be (MP3 Single)
Metallica - Beyond Magnetic
Houndmouth - From the Hills Below the City

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dali

No comments:

Post a Comment