Thursday, January 9, 2014

my personal day long battle with pain

so i woke up at 3 and again at 5 this morning with my left shoulder and neck barking like a rabid dog. i tried stretching, i tried some cool pain ointments, i tried pain pills, i tried. nothing really worked. so, today has been the battle of mind over matter. i figure i really strained some muscles very badly. if i get my body in the right spot, i can stand the pain i feel. if i somehow lose that spot, it's like i'm dealing with my sciatic nerve back when i was 32. the worst is i have a hard time while sitting down. this is going to be fun, seeing that i have a basketball game to go to on Saturday morning. if today has been any indication, i'm going to have to up the adrenaline and brain waves for Saturday. of course, i get the feeling i would have been better off this morning just downing the bottle of whiskey i got for Christmas.

American Horror Story was excellent last night. so good to have that show back. the guest spot by Stevie Nicks was great as well. i can't wait to see next week's episode.

the New York Rangers shocked the shit out of me last night. jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period. then the team i have come to know this season showed up and pissed away that lead in the second period. but, they found a backbone last night and actually developed some heart. big goal in the 3rd and a HUGE win over Chicago 3-2. below are the highlights:

i believe my mother is on a mission today to get a new printer as she has FINALLY grown tired of our old one fucking up all the time. hopefully she gets one that i can get used to quickly.

i'm looking forward to a new episode of The Big Bang Theory this evening. other than that, i see a long night of basketball and heating pads in my future.

that's pretty much all for me today. wish me luck at defeating this pain. i figure if it still feels worse after the weekend, i guess i'll be breaking down and going to the doctor.

hope everyone is warm. amazingly, all the cats have made it through the deep freeze. little fuckers still want to live. might actually make it above freezing here by the weekend.

be well my friends. peace and chicken grease.

music:

Warren Haynes - Live at Bonnaroo

"I may not believe in myself, but I believe in what I'm doing." - Jimmy Page

No comments:

Post a Comment