Tuesday, January 14, 2014

adrenaline and pain, quite the mixture

so, as i was driving my truck to the mechanic today (new tires, oil change, etc) my left arm started to throb beyond belief. of course, i had no pain pills on me, so i did the next best thing. turned the radio up loud and stomped on the fucking gas. needless to say, i left my mother in the dust. i was a little surprised that my truck could still get up to 60 mph and not start to fall apart.

had a nice oh shit moment last night. the local fire department was doing a controlled burn/practice scenario on the road behind us. of course, they never bothered to inform the public of this. so, you can imagine my thoughts when i look out the window and see a huge fucking fire less than a mile away from the farm. with the damn wind blowing. they appreciated the phone call but said they had everything under control.

Monday Night Raw was excellent last night. can't go wrong with CM Punk getting fucked over as this will only make him more bitter (which actually makes him better) and seeing Daniel Bryan on top of a steel cage to end the show was classic. i guess he could only stomach the Wyatt Family for a couple of weeks. i'm the same way with my family.

the New York Rangers play tonight at home against Tampa. i'm hoping the game is good enough to keep my mind off of the pain.

i'll be upping my sleeping pills tonight in hopes that i get more than 4 hours of sleep. and i will make sure to take them long after a hopeful victory beer this evening.

spent a little time on Noise Trade today getting some new music. you'll see that down below. i'll provide some links.

that's pretty much all for now. my mother leaves in the morning for a few days at a conference in Cincinnati. i'll have her vehicle if i need to get around. i imagine that will all depend on how well i'm managing the pain. i'd really love for all of this to go away by the weekend. that's when we're celebrating my birthday. of course, knowing my luck, i'll finally go to a doctor and be in a hospital by the weekend. good times.

hope this finds everyone well. peace.

music:

Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Little Hurricane - Mixtape for Storm Chasers
Humble Wolf - The Stack Sessions

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." - Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment