Tuesday, February 11, 2014

welcome to the world of the bizarre

my neck pain made a reappearance today as i was on the computer this morning. i happened to look to my left and BAM. nothing like having a nerve start to scream. my left arm immediately felt like it was on fire. so, now i fear the pain pills and the nerve pills aren't working as well as the last couple of days since my steroid is starting to wind down. i'm hoping this gets better in the next week, but i'm not exactly hopeful at this point.

so, i didn't send out the poems like i thought i was going to today. instead i tried to just rest and calm my pinched nerve the best way i could. whatever the fuck that is as i haven't found something to completely take the pain away in the 5 weeks i've had this problem. maybe it's longer, the days are starting to run together on me. i did manage to get around 5 hours of sleep overnight. i figure that was why the pain came back. a sign of normalcy and the pain must bring back the bizarre.

speaking of bizarre, i had an english professor tell me today that i am one of her heroes. as i told my mother, i'm pretty sure that is a sign of an impending apocalypse. but i gladly accepted the compliment. not exactly everyday when someone in the academic world of writing compliments one of us fucks that never took one college writing class in our lives.

i fell asleep during the final hour of Monday Night Raw last night. that should sum up what i thought of the show. much more miss than hit. i do love that Cesaro is getting over more and more with the fans. i'm sure the WWE will manage to drop the ball with that as well.

as for this evening, i have no clue what i'm going to be watching. this might turn into an evening of catching up on some podcasts.

hopefully, this is the last night for a little while that the temps will fall below zero again. it's been so damn cold here for so long my brain has basically just turned itself off.

i will try to get on here tomorrow before the Manchester United game that i am dreading. and it doesn't look like i'll be going to the Dayton Flyers game tomorrow night. i don't want to take the chance of letting my adrenaline get the best of me and i end up hurting myself even more.

that's all for me. i can barely keep my neck up to look at the screen to type this anymore.

be well. be warm. to all my friends and fans in the south, just stay indoors. it will eventually melt. not that i can say the same thing for here.

later.

music:

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

"I think what motivates people is not great hate, but great love for other people." - Huey Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment