Sunday, August 31, 2014

misery running through my veins

it threatened to rain most of yesterday. of course, it didn't until overnight. the problem with that being i was in complete misery the entire day. i figure if this is how my life is going to be with arthritis, i'll be killing myself in the next 10 years for sure.

the Yankees decided to take yesterday off. they lost 2-0 and only got 1 hit in the process. hopefully, they fucking decide to show up today. i read that their tragic number is 8 now. they can't lose more than 8 of the next 28 games if they want to go to the playoffs. the first thing that came to my mind when reading that was there's no fucking way that happens. i suppose time will tell.

Ohio State yesterday once again showed me why i quit gambling on college football. they were 16 point favorites and really struggled for most of the game. but then a big 3rd quarter and the defense finally started to do something and sure enough, Ohio State wins 34-17. thank god i learned those lessons in my 20's. i can't afford to be learning them now.

the rest of my day and night was spent watching soccer and college football. i managed to still be awake when ROH came on last night. thank god i was. it was an excellent episode. i highly recommend it.

as for tonight, i believe all the usual shows are on. Big Brother, Ray Donovan, The Strain, and Masters of Sex.

i wrote two poems last night before i went to bed. i typed those up this morning after breakfast. i like both of them. that should give me enough for the next round of submissions. i might actually do that tomorrow. all depends on how much misery i am in today.

i just had to go race to the bathroom. looks like breakfast isn't sitting well with me today. just fucking lovely. and people wonder why i hate holiday weekends.

after i get done with this i have to pick up the trash and go out in the rain and feed the cats. that'll be fun.

by tomorrow morning, i'll know what two of my fantasy football teams will look like. i have no clue if i'm going to have a third team this year. much like what normally happens to me, whenever i win a league after a few years, that league just happens to not exist ever again. i won the league on NFL.com last year with a bunch of other poets and publishers and sure enough, i haven't heard shit about the league this year. apparently, my happiness is only allowed to be temporary.

that's all for me today. with this glorious start to today, you can just imagine what the blog is going to be like tomorrow. thanks to everyone for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease my enemies...

music:

Hayes Carll - Trouble in Mind

"The future is keeping you out of the present time." - Van Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment