Sunday, August 24, 2014

i awoke to the sound of beeping

it's always a little unsettling when you wake up to the sound of a fire alarm beeping. in the haze of only having 3 hours of sleep, you start to look for smoke. and then your dumb ass realizes you should be looking for a battery. and just my luck, we don't have any 9 volt batteries. what a lovely way to start my Sunday.

Manchester United plays later this morning. i'm hoping they play better than last week, but given the amount of injuries they have, i'm bracing for another loss. the final week of the silly season is upon us. i've seen reports of 3 different players that will be coming to United by the end of this week. it's another case of i'll believe it when i see them wearing the jersey.

the Yankees won yesterday 5-3. first time they have scored more than 4 runs in 2 weeks. they go for the sweep today. sadly, today starts the run against some great starting pitching. so, they will have to earn these wins. the Joe Torre ceremony was very nice. there's only one single number left to be retired. that will happen by the end of the season when Jeter retires.

ROH last night was excellent. first time i had seen a tv time limit draw in quite some time. hopefully ACH and Jay Lethal will continue to battle it out for the tv title. that's a match i would love to see happen again.

it should be another busy night of television for me this evening. Big Brother, Ray Donovan, The Strain, and Masters of Sex are on the docket. i suppose i will try to catch some of the video music awards on MTV. not that i'm really looking forward to them. it's more of a way to pass the time between shows. i guess i'm finally old.

after i get done with this, i want to try to get the trash picked up and the animals fed before Manchester United comes on. i got the toilets out of the way yesterday.

had a long conversation with my friend in California yesterday. hopefully today finds her in a better place.

been thinking of the dream woman here lately. not exactly sure that not talking to someone for 9 days is the best way to start a potential relationship, but what do i know. hopefully everything is ok with her.

that's all for me for now. my breakfast of pancakes seems to be settling nicely into me, so now it's time for the trash. hope the second half of your weekend is better than the first. thank you for allowing me the chance to waste some of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises, and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease my enemies...

music:

St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Broken Bones & Pocket Change
Jeffrey Gaines - In Your Eyes (Live)
Grace Potter - I Shall Be Released (Live)
Will Hoge - When I Get My Wings
Drivin' N' Cryin' - Straight to Hell

"I have to do something with my mind, or I'll get in trouble." - Vince McMahon

No comments:

Post a Comment