Monday, August 4, 2014

out of my comfort zone

today has flew by it seems. mom decided she wanted to go look at houses and go out to lunch. i decided to go out of my comfort zone a little and get some food that was a bit spicy. thankfully, it wasn't pucker the asshole spicy, but a little heat wasn't bad. plus, they were shrimp tacos. that's way out of my comfort zone. saw a few houses that i like but mom is a little more particular. i figure before too long, i'll be living in my broken down truck.

mom test drove the Rav4 yesterday and hated it. so, there goes my hope of getting her vehicle anytime soon.

it's been pretty cloudy today, but not from the clouds. the smoke from the fires out west have made it here now.

the Yankees came from behind a few times last night to win 8-7. finally, they won a series against a shitty team. they play back at home tonight, starting a series against Detroit. hopefully the bats stay hot. of course, there was another pitching injury last night. i can't ever remember when so many starters got hurt in one season for one team.

Manchester United plays Liverpool tonight in the finals of the pre-season tournament here in the USA. this should be a good test for the boys. hopefully, they win. i can't stand Liverpool, so i would love to hear the excuses after a Manchester United win.

i watched a ton of auto racing yesterday. that's always a good way for me to nap. that and golf.

my night on tv is going to be nuts as the Yankees, United, and Monday Night Raw are all on at the same time. good thing i'm crazy.

the shows last night were great. Big Brother was pretty funny. Ray Donovan was good. The Strain was fucking excellent. Last Week Tonight was hilarious as always. Masters of Sex was good as well.

after all that, i did manage to write 5 poems. i typed them up this afternoon. let me just say that August is off to a good start. i'll probably do a few submissions here in the next week or so.

so far, vacation week is going well. tomorrow i get to tackle my closet and round up all the clothes i don't wear anymore so i can give them away to charity. good times.

that's all for me folks. hope everyone had a great weekend.

be well. be cool. be creative. be quick to send me cash, panties, gift cards, a kind letter, or hate mail. it's all good.

peace and chicken grease my enemies...

music:

Disturbed - The Sickness
Anthrax - Worship Music
Metallica - Master of Puppets

"I love mankind; it's people I can't stand." - Charles M. Schulz

No comments:

Post a Comment