Thursday, August 21, 2014

bring on the pain

when i hear rain on the metal roof of the house when i'm falling asleep, i know i'm going to at least get a few hours. when i hear it when i first wake up in the morning, i know a day of misery is ahead of me. but, bring on the pain as the crops are desperate for a good drink. so far, it's been a slow drizzle with a little thunder. as long as it doesn't get crazy, this is exactly what the crops need today.

the Yankees fell behind last night, took the lead, and then, yes, you guessed it, pissed away another game against Houston, 5-2. this team plays down to its competition and has paid for it all season long. they play early this afternoon. hopefully the game puts me to sleep or the satellite feed goes out.

Big Brother was pretty good last night. sadly, it looks like Zach is going to get the boot tonight. but, hopefully in the latest twist, he comes back into the house right after eviction. if not, all i hope is that somehow that fucking sociopath Frankie doesn't win.

Brew Dogs was really good last night. they made a beer in New Orleans. i really need to get to that town at some point in my life. although, chances are, i won't leave.

The Bridge was spectacular last night. this season isn't as good as the first one was but it is as close as you can get to being as good. i love the small world feel as the characters are getting closer and closer to being intertwined. i can't wait for next week.

also tonight, i'll be watching Married and You're The Worst on FX.

the New York Rangers surprised me yesterday by winning the Kevin Hayes sweepstakes. he should fit in quite nicely with how AV wants the guys to play.

i figure i might flip over to FXX sometime in the next 12 days for The Simpsons marathon. that's one of the myriad of shows that i never really got into over my 38 years on earth.

that's all for today kids. thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises, and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease my enemies...

music:

The Devil Makes Three - Old Number Seven
Matthew Sweet - The Ugly Truth
Cocorosie - Werewolf
Ryan Bingham - Until I'm One with You
Joe Nichols - Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
K's Choice - Not an Addict
Grace Potter - I Shall Be Released (Live)

"I don't want to look back. I want to keep going forward, I still have something to say to people." - Joe Strummer

No comments:

Post a Comment