Monday, August 18, 2014

so this is what summer feels like

first off, let me thank whomever left the comments about my latest poems in Dead Snakes. that helped make my morning a tad bit more bearable.

summer has returned here today. temps in the upper 80's with humidity close to that number. i made the mistake of driving with my window open while driving by the farm at the nearest intersection out here. they were spreading shit in the field. take about a smell that burns the back of your throat forever. there's one thing i won't miss when we move.

one thing i will miss happened when i was doing the dishes today. out of nowhere came 18 wild turkeys moving from the corn to the soybeans. i know wherever we move, i most likely won't see something like that.

the Yankees had an offensive explosion yesterday, winning 4-2. 2 wins in a row, holy shit. they are off tonight before they play Houston tomorrow at home. hopefully they can get on a big winning streak to truly get back in the playoff race.

the shows last night were excellent. Big Brother made me laugh. i truly hate this Team America bullshit. and i do believe the producers are going to get their wish this Thursday; fireworks. Ray Donovan was really good, mostly because there was plenty of sex involved. The Strain was brilliant. truly fucking terrifying. Last Week Tonight was fucking hilarious. not sure what i'm going to do with it off for the next 2 weeks. Masters of Sex was good and kind of sad.

tonight i will be watching Monday Night Raw. there were 3 title changes last night at the PPV. that should make for an interesting show, especially given that one of those changes was John Cena losing his title. i'll watch just for that quite honestly.

got my sister's birthday gifts ordered today. i had to get her more than one thing as the book i ordered for her is caught up in Amazon's war with book publishers. i checked and saw i had enough reward points on my credit card to cover it all. so, i of course got a few things for myself.

my mom made it down to her meeting this morning right before it started. she said traffic was horrible. of course, i didn't know she actually made it down there until she called me this afternoon to tell me she was on her way home. i suppose it's going to be a late dinner tonight as i fully expect traffic to be horrible on the way back up here. good times.

that's pretty much all for me today. hope everyone had a great weekend.

be well. be cool. be creative. be quick to send me CASH, panties, broken promises, love letters, hate mail, dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease my enemies...

music:

Grant Lee Buffalo - Fuzzy
Trixie Whitley - Breathe You In My Dreams (Live)
Conor Oberst - Cape Canaveral
Sharon Van Etten - Taking Chances

"Life, like poker has an element of risk. It shouldn't be avoided. It should be faced." - Edward Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment