Friday, June 6, 2014

let the music take over

just one of those days when the weather feels so damn nice that you just wanna be a lazy piece of shit for the day. and since i'm that most days, i decided i would get a few things done and then let the music take over.

got the dishes done this afternoon after i decided i didn't feel like doing them at midnight last night. also, finished The Killing Joke this afternoon. i really enjoyed it. so, it looks like i know where some of my money will be going now.

got a compliment on my beard last night at the grocery store. of course, it was from the 16 year old girl bagging the groceries. i thanked her and then did my best to not do anything to get me arrested.

not sure what i'm going to watch tonight on television. i believe the Yankees are in Kansas City and play at 8 pm. other than that, not a clue. i'm sure there must be a soccer friendly on somewhere. of course, there's always some pro wrestling and the Food Network. i'm sure i'll fall asleep to something.

did have some fun on iTunes today. what amazes me is most of these songs i find that are a few years old come from my brain recalling a certain situation or certain poem that i was writing when that song was playing. quite frankly, it spooks me out at times. but, i enjoy it just as much. you'll see some new names down below.

had a holy shit moment with an old girlfriend who emailed me back today. she brought up something good that happened over 20 years ago. that brought back some memories, let me tell ya. that should allow you to understand some of the music below.

hope this finds everyone well and ready for the weekend. i'll probably be on here early tomorrow, given that all my sports are going to be on Saturday night.

take it easy my friends, and by all means, take it again...

music:

Nickel Creek - Nickel Creek
Mother Love Bone - Mother Love Bone
Conor Oberst - Cape Canaveral
Son Little - Your Love Will Blow Me Away When My Heart Aches
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Learn How to Love
The Jezabels - Dark Storm EP
Neal McCoy - Wink
The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows

"I'm just another guy who thinks he's smarter than he is, in a long line of them." - Colin Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment