Thursday, June 19, 2014

back pain and thunderstorms

we had some pretty big storms roll through here last night. i haven't been out to check if we had any damage yet. i wasn't pleased that the power went out 2 different times last night. just long enough that the clocks needed to be reset. good times.

my sister made it down here last night. she brought me the stuff she got me in NYC. pretty cool. she's going to attempt to cook this new recipe for breakfast. god help us all.

my back was in horrific pain last night while i was doing the dishes. i fear that i have another bulging disc. i'm going to try to hold out to my doctor's appointment next week. fingers are crossed.

the Yankees offense showed some life last night, beating Toronto 7-3. that's their 15th straight win at home over Toronto. they go for the sweep tonight.

the World Cup saw the end of the empire yesterday. Spain lost to Chile 2-0, thus being eliminated from the World Cup. Croatia beat Cameroon 4-0 to set up a huge game against Mexico on June 23rd. in the game of the day the Netherlands beat Australia 3-2 in a back and forth affair.

today's action sees Colombia take on the Ivory Coast. that should be fun. Greece plays Japan. and in the game of the day, a MUST WIN game between England and Uruguay.

that's pretty much all that's going on in my world. i'm off to go feed the cats, check for damage, and then ice my back down for the rest of the day.

hope this finds everyone well.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

My Morning Jacket - Rocket Man
Gary Jules - Mad World
Trampled By Turtles - Where Is My Mind? (Live)

"If you have one true friend you have more than your share." - Thomas Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment