Thursday, May 8, 2014

oh sunshine, why do you hate me so?

i got the grass mowed yesterday. a little under 5 hours. but, my left leg took most of the punishment. the heat from the engine of the mower just happens to hit my left leg for the entire time i'm mowing. so, my lower left leg looks like i'm a burn victim. good times. but the yard does look nice. the birds love it and the cats hate it, as i've taken away their hunting advantage. and like i tell them all the time, they are free to leave anytime they want to.

so i got my shower and dinner in before the Rangers game started last night, just like i wanted to. a must win game that i was fully invested in. sadly, the Rangers were better but still not even close to being good enough to win. at least they finally fucking scored. but pissed away all the momentum of the goals by giving up ones to Pittsburgh way too soon. a 4-2 loss that pushes the Rangers to the brink. i've got the feeling my playoff beard will be coming off on Friday night. that will make my mother happy. i on the other hand, will be pissed off for the summer. good times.

thankfully, the Yankees came to life last night right from the start and put the game away early. a 9-2 win to take the series out there for the first tine in years. it was good to see Jeter finally get one out of the park. they are off tonight and start a series in Milwaukee tomorrow night.

Legit was fucking hilarious last night. i didn't watch Ali G as the Yankees game was actually good from the start last night.

tonight will mostly be the NFL draft on my television. i will of course watch The Big Bang Theory and probably a good amount of the American Comedy Awards. and probably a decent amount of playoff basketball and hockey as well. mostly, i just want a night to sit in my chair and chill out. it's really warm here today and we just have fans on. no A/C just yet. we usually wait until it gets really hot to turn that on. and 87 apparently isn't really that hot.

i did manage to write 5 poems today. i typed them up and REALLY like them. i'll be sending those fuckers out soon. that finishes up the notebook i've been writing in for 10 months i do believe. that's always interesting to go back and see if you've changed any in that time. thankfully, just getting better with time.

that's all for me my enemies. i have a sweaty nap in my future before dinner. hope this finds everyone well.

until tomorrow...

music:

Valerie June - Pushin' Against A Stone
The Afghan Whigs - Do To The Beast
Beth Orton - Sugaring Season
The Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post
Metallica - Bleeding Me
Deer Tick - Goodbye, Dear Friend

"Show business is my life. When I was a kid I sold insurance, but nobody laughed." - Don Rickles

No comments:

Post a Comment