Friday, May 9, 2014

misery, hello (use your best Larry King voice)

so, when i should have been sleeping last night, i was writing. and out of nowhere, 3 poems just sort of appeared in my new notebook. that made me laugh, as i was dead fucking tired. so, i finally fell asleep at 4 and was up at 8 this morning. but, since my dumbass never has changed my clock that goes ahead 40 minutes by itself, it was actually 7:20. anywho, i felt good enough and started checking email, etc. around 9, i was fixing breakfast and the powers that be decided to catch up with me. so, what i thought was just a little fart was an unleashing of god knows what out of my body. and since there is a massive cold front trying to get through here... as i start to wipe my back decides to start to lock up. given that my mother was away at work, i knew i couldn't make it to where she came home to her son prone on the bathroom floor. not for a few years at least. so i've been doing my best to win this battle with misery today, but that cold bitch is winning by a mile.

i did watch a good bit of the NFL Draft last night. i was happy with what the Saints did. always good to get Drew Brees another toy to have fun with. now, hopefully they sure up the defense and the offensive line.

the Rangers play a MUST WIN game tonight in Pittsburgh. as of right now, i have no clue if Marty St. Louis is going to play or not. his mother died last night. and as much as i would love to see the team bond together and win one for him, this is more likely to be a scenario where they feel sorry for themselves and get killed tonight. i really hope i am wrong as i don't feel like getting rid of the playoff beard just yet.

The Big Bang Theory was really good last night. and it should set up for a big season finale next week.

the Yankees play tonight in Milwaukee. Tanaka is on the mound, so i will be sure to catch most of it.

i've been in between naps and signing up for different shit online (sbnation.com and bleacherreport.com). lord knows i don't consume enough information each day.

the guy who farms out here got the corn planted before it tried to rain this morning. i wish it would have as that would have been an excellent start for those seeds.

that's all for me today. i haven't eaten lunch today yet and i really have to to take my pills. so, yeah. i have no clue when i'll be on here tomorrow. it will definitely be sometime in the afternoon.

hope everyone has a great weekend. hope your back is feeling better than mine. and hopefully i won't be bitter when i'm writing tomorrow.

peace and chicken grease my friends and enemies...

music:

Deer Tick - Goodbye, Dear Friend
Gary Jules - Mad World
Trampled by Turtles - Alone
Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain
Joanne Shaw Taylor - Blackest Day
The Steel Wheels - It's The End Of The World Again
Exitmusic - The Cold
My Morning Jacket - Rocket Man
Trixie Whitley - Breathe You In My Dreams (Live)
Will Hoge - When I Get My Wings
Thriving Ivory - Angels On The Moon

"Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all the others were making ships." - Charles Simic


No comments:

Post a Comment