Monday, December 9, 2013

the long cold days

much as i figured, my Sunday was way better than my Saturday was. not that it had far to go to be much better...

the New York Rangers lost again 4-1. thankfully, i had other stuff i wanted to watch than be stuck watching professional athletes just basically show up and do nothing. they had a closed door meeting after the game. those only "work" when you win a few games after it. we'll see.

i have decent leads in both of my fantasy football matches. but, both of my opponents have 2 players each playing tonight. so, i guess i need to pay a bit of attention to that game tonight.

Homeland was excellent last night. had a great pace to it and plenty of drama. can't wait to the season finale next week. Masters of Sex was pretty good. my big bitch about the show is the lack of consistency from week to week. they say next week will be a shocking season finale. we'll see. Total Divas had me laughing my ass off. and not at the pet cat being put to sleep. although, that's part of the reason i keep all mine outside.

tonight is a busy night on the television. Monday Night Raw has the Slammy Awards tonight. that's usually a pretty fun episode. The Voice has a huge 1 hour show tonight seeing that it is the semi-finals. and i'm sure there are some college basketball games i should be watching.

congrats to Joe Torre for making the baseball hall of fame. i guess the Yankees can now retire his number 6.

looks like the deep freeze is getting ready to come here in the next few days. hopefully we have enough propane to get through that. had to put some ice melter on the walks this morning as they had a little black ice on them. last thing i need is my mother falling again.

a big thank you to Amazon.com for getting my stuff i ordered to me 4 days before you said it would be here. now only if the post office could be that good.

that's all for me. i hope you are warm wherever you are. peace and chicken grease.

music:

Black Joe Lewis - NoiseTrade Eastside Manor Sessions
The Ragged Jubilee - B-Sides
Nina Simone - Anthology
Ryan Bingham - Mescalito

"I don't want to be boring. But that's not always easy." - John Malkovich

No comments:

Post a Comment