Friday, December 13, 2013

the Friday the 13th blues...

the last Friday the 13th of the year, so why wouldn't there be a school shooting today. it boggles my mind the number of times this happens, let alone in Colorado. and as much as i would love to feel sorrow or compassion, as a poet i'm thankful for the material. that's the cold reality of it all, but my bleeding heart stopped beating years ago. probably right around the time the blood clots should have killed me.

of course, this shitty mood could be to the New York Rangers losing yet again, 4-2. i think they have given up 4 goals in each of the past 4 or 5 games. scary how shitty this team has become. or, it could be the news that RVP is out for a month, right when Manchester United's schedule gets the busiest.

or, it could be the impending storm that will bring 1 to 6 inches of snow, or ice, or rain, or whatever bullshit they want to tell us.  if we do get it bad, my chances of actually getting out to see the Dayton Flyers play Central Michigan tomorrow will be somewhere around slim or none. and none is winning by a mile.

looks like the radio will come in handy tomorrow. and if we do get a few inches, the lane will have to get plowed for anyone to get in and out of here. for some reason i see me walking the trash down on Sunday morning. good times.

my mother took her SUV in to get the oil changed today. she was told it was 10,000 miles since her last oil change. whoops. of course, this is the vehicle she is planning on giving to me. why wouldn't she run it into the ground before she does...

i did enjoy The Big Bang Theory last night. another 30 minutes where i get to turn my mind off and just enjoy something.

i watched way too much of the NFL game last night. my hunch paid off as the switch i made at RB got me 15 more points than i would have had. thank god my brain still goes good at 2:30 in the morning. i'm only trailing by 3 points in one league and i'm up by almost 29 points in the other. my fingers are crossed. a very decent start to my fantasy playoffs.

made my sister her Christmas mix tape today. this one should blow her mind.

the snow is supposed to begin overnight and keep going until tomorrow evening. it might change over to rain or it might just keep snowing. if it does end tomorrow night and i don't go to the game, i may just shovel then since Manchester United plays Sunday morning. decisions, decisions.

that's the end of my bitching for today. hope this finds everyone well. i've already taken my Imodium for the evening, so hopefully i'll be feeling better soon. anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time should know that my shitty attitude normally has something to do with shit. literally.

have a great weekend. feel free to send me Christmas cash if you so desire. or just a card will do as well. hope you have better weather coming your way than i do.

be well

music:

Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa - Seesaw
Jeff Buckley - Mystery White Boy: Live '95-'96
The xx - Coexist

"We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." - W.H. Auden



No comments:

Post a Comment