Monday, October 12, 2015

hello sickness, my old friend

the nurse at the doctor's office always compliments me on my hair. my dumb ass can't work up the courage to ask her out. welcome to my life.

so it turns out i have a sinus infection. they prescribed me some antibiotics that haven't given me the shits yet. i need to get my blood work done on Wednesday as it has been a year since i had it done. the joy of being in a family of diabetics. plus, once the sinus infection is gone, i need to get my flu shot. the cherry on top of all of this is i'm being referred to an orthopedic doctor to look at my ankle. since the pain has persisted over such a long time, i'm being pushed up the food chain. not sure when that appointment will happen, but i'm pretty sure it's going to be soon. my gut tells me this is all going to end up in surgery somehow. good times.

after the doctor, mom and i went to the grocery store. had to get some drugs and some other shit. was a little amazed at the people at a grocery store on a late Monday morning, but then i remembered it is a holiday for some people.

i did pretty well in fantasy football yesterday. i need 6 points tonight from the Chargers tight end and i will end up winning all 3 of my matchups. plus, if San Diego wins tonight, i'll go 10-4 with my picks for the week.

the New Orleans Saints had their asses handed to them yesterday by the Eagles. i more or less stopped watching the game early in the second half. sadly, i do believe any window this team had to win another championship has been closed and bolted shut. they lost yesterday 39-17.

the Sunday night shows were excellent last night. Homeland had a holy shit ending that should make the next episode MUST SEE television. The Affair was very interesting. i love how the show depicts how the characters remember things completely different. almost like everyone plays themselves as the victim or the hero but never somewhere in the middle. Last Week Tonight hit another home run last night:

enjoy some music kids:

and now some of this and that:

on the DVR tonight is the usual Monday clusterfuck. i'll be recording The Voice, Gotham, The Big Bang Theory and Life in Pieces. i'll be flipping between Monday Night Raw and Monday Night Football.

i'll be on here sometime in the afternoon tomorrow i suppose. i need to get plenty of sleep as i really want to be rid of this sinus infection as quickly as possible.

i hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. if not, i'm sure there is an app for that.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Jeffrey Gaines - In Your Eyes (Live)
Social Distortion - Ball and Chain (Live)
Joe Bonamassa - Midnight Blues (Live)
Bruce Springsteen - Tougher Than the Rest (Live)
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (Live)

"I never learned hate at home, or shame. I had to go to school for that." - Dick Gregory

and your pro wrestling video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment