Friday, October 2, 2015

a glimpse into my future

so i think i fucked up my right ankle really good last night as i sprinted from the kitchen to my mother's bathroom when i heard her fall. thankfully, she didn't break anything (other than the toilet paper holder) and was only sore today. but i did stay up for a few hours after the fall to make sure she didn't have a concussion, especially given her history. fast forward to this morning when my mom gets a call from next door saying that my uncle has fallen. so, of course, mom and i race over there to try to help him. my uncle is just short enough and weighs just enough that i couldn't get down low enough to get him up by myself. so, the paramedics had to come out and help him up. this is what the back side of the circle looks like folks. death is not a pretty picture. it's swollen body parts, spots on the body, shit not working anymore, and it's only worse when pride gets in the fucking way. for those that are interested, my mother slipped on the bathmat that was on the floor. as i told her after i helped her up and got her some ice, she was trying to do two things at once again; walk and shut the door behind her. one day she'll accept that she needs to slow down and do one thing at a time. and i'm not exactly the best person to be in these situations. while i am very caring and will do anything asked, i'm also very fucking blunt and to the point. i say this as i start to imagine the future arguments with my mother over her getting old. good times.

it rained on and off most of today, so i'm really feeling my right ankle. i'm sort of just plowing through the pain, as i know the only thing that's going to help this is the good shit. morphine, cocaine, etc. i figure i'll break out the hard liquor tonight and drink myself to sleep. on top of the ankle, i'm pretty sure i strained my back trying to lift my uncle. so that will be drink number 2.

mom and i went to Menards this afternoon. we were supposed to got his morning but of course, life happened. i found a skull that lights up and was at a clearance price, so i was very happy to get that. some more odd shit for my room. we also got a few more solar lights as i am bound and determined to turn this into a sophisticated white trash utopia. plus, more birdseed as the birds are finally starting to eat the new seed i got a few weeks back.

the New York Yankees finally won a meaningful game last night, beating Boston 4-1. that clinches the wild card and was the 10,000th win in team history. they got there with almost a thousand less losses than the other teams that got to the mark. the post game party was hilarious to watch.
John Ryan Murphy will go down in history with one of the greatest lines i have heard at one of these things... "all the guys are on the same page and that page is drinking." the game tonight in Baltimore was rained out so they will play a doubleheader tomorrow. that's a good chance for the kids to play some games. the Yankees need one more win or one more loss from Houston and they will host the wild card game in New York.

the season finale of Married was excellent last night. that was fun to watch after the football game. i got the winner wrong, but my kicker from Baltimore did get me some points for that winning field goal.

time for some music kids:

and now some of this and that:

on the DVR tonight will be NJPW. it's on right now so i will probably watch it after i eat a late dinner.

for Flashback Friday, let's go back to my very first YouTube video:
"any tragedy you could imagine" is one of my favorite poems i have EVER written. pairing it with the events that happened yesterday in Oregon only makes even more haunting. i imagine some people will hate me for posting that after what happened yesterday... like i haven't been hated before.

i will be on here probably tomorrow morning as it is going to be my usual crazy, busy ass Saturday. i hope everyone has a great weekend planned. or better yet, you're just going to go out and raise some hell and see what the fuck happens. as always, call if you need bail money.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Gov't Mule - Presence of the Lord (Live)
Tori Amos - Winter (Live)
Cowboy Junkies - Lost My Driving Wheel (Live)
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy (Live)
Trampled By Turtles - Where Is My Mind? (Live)

"I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

and your pro wrestling video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment