Monday, November 4, 2013

starting the week off right

i woke up this morning and my mother was feeling much, much better. was sounding better, moving around better and felt good enough that i didn't need to play chauffeur today. she had another doctor's appointment this morning. at least she found out her shoulder isn't torn like she feared.

i had a huge smile when i checked my fantasy football scores this morning. huge leads in both matches thanks to the game last night.

i of course didn't watch much of the game as i was busy with the Sunday night shows. Boardwalk Empire was excellent once again. Eastbound and Down was good. Homeland was brilliant. and i thought Masters of Sex was really good. time well spent.

one busy night of television awaits me this evening. the New York Rangers play against Anaheim. Cally is back in the lineup tonight. sooner than expected i do believe. The Voice starts up the live shows tonight. Monday Night Raw should be interesting. and a juicy Monday Night Football game that has some fantasy implications between Green Bay and Chicago. all of these things are on at the same time more or less. i'm guessing hockey and wrestling are going to win out for me. the rest i can catch on YouTube.

i believe my truck is on its final legs. i had to put air in one of the rear tires for the third time this month. it's running really bad and my mother doesn't want me taking it off the farm. so, looks like i more or less am a homebody for the time being. i'm hoping to find something new or something a little newer than the 21 years old my truck is, with not so many numbers to the left of the comma. and hopefully find it before winter.

i'm typing this as i listen to my mother on hold with an insurance company. needless to say, she's not a happy camper.

i am now in first place in fantasy hockey after a 9-1 week for me. hopefully i can keep that momentum going.

the rest of today has been spent putting more shit on my amazon.com wish list. in case any of you are interested or extremely generous, you can find it under my email address, jcampb4593@aol.com.

that's all for me today. i will be on tomorrow after Manchester United plays tomorrow in Spain. i will hopefully be having a victory beer while typing that one up.

be well. have a drink on me. and brace yourself for a mountain of words coming soon.

music:

Pixies - Pixies at the BBC
Valerie June - Pushin' Against a Stone
Sia - Some People Have Real Problems
Youth Lagoon - The Year of Hibernation

"There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free." - Walter Cronkite

No comments:

Post a Comment