Sunday, November 24, 2013

a chilly Sunday morning

what i am doing up after yet another night of less than 4 hours sleep is beyond me. Manchester United plays here in a little bit, so let me get this going.

Ohio State played pretty good yesterday. gave up way too many yards for my liking, but they won 42-14. not bad for most of the game being played in a snow storm. sets them up nicely for next week against that shit school up north.

the New York Rangers got their 6th straight win on the road last night, 2-0. second straight shutout for the backup goalie. not bad for an undrafted 26 year old who played college hockey in Alabama. here are the highlights:

somehow, i was able to stay awake for Saturday Night Live and ROH last night. i thought SNL was pretty damn funny at times. i think the new cast is finally clicking. ROH last night was excellent. was great to see an incredible match between Eddie Edwards and Jay Lethal. as good as any match i've seen in the last few months.

after that, i got on the computer and started plotting out what i was going to get my family for Christmas. mom told me what she was getting my sister and that certainly changed my plans. but, after a few hours i think i have it all figured out. fingers crossed.

i certainly wasn't thrilled to be going to bed at 4 in the morning once again and waking up this morning around 8. i know damn well i'm too old for this shit now. maybe i'll sneak in a nap during football today. or maybe not.

i am looking forward to the season finale of Boardwalk Empire tonight. it looks like it should be a great one. i really have no interest in the new shows coming up on HBO after it, so that will allow me to readjust my Sunday night viewing. Total Divas, Homeland, and Masters of Sex, in that order. all in all, i should be getting to bed much earlier this evening.

plus, both of my fantasy football matches will be over by the end of the night... not sure if that's good or bad. i have a really slim lead in fantasy hockey going into this evening. my goalies kind of shit the bed last night. oh well, i'll still be in first place by the start of next week.

the New York Yankees signing Brian McCann yesterday certainly caught me off guard. hopefully he can stay healthy. he certainly fills a HUGE hole at catcher. and the terms aren't as bad as i thought they could be. hopefully that's a sign of good things to come.

and finally, i was really saddened this morning with the news of Wanda Coleman's death. one of my favorite poets and certainly one of the better ones i ever had the privilege of being published with. she will certainly be missed.
http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-wanda-coleman-20131124-1,0,3349194.story#axzz2lZfoBvZ5

until tomorrow...

music:

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison

"I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat." - Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment