Tuesday, September 11, 2012

how could i ever forget

i remember 11 years ago today like it was yesterday. the phone constantly ringing and waking me up in the morning. i go downstairs and listen to the messages on the voice mail. i turn on NBC just as they are showing the second plane going into the tower again. i just kind of stood there for a second and said in my own mind, welcome to the next war. i don't think the TV was turned off for the next 2 weeks. I'm not sure if i slept either. so, yeah, i remember. kind of hard to forget when you watch people jump out of buildings. not an everyday occurrence, at least in my world that is. part of me would like to see every never forget bumper sticker or tweet be changed to quit making the same fucking mistakes. that might get a little more attention.

now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. after a day of relaxing, recovering from the music festival and enjoying schizophrenic TV for a bit, i feel much better. congrats to Andy Murray on his first grand slam. i was a bit scared he was going to blow a 2 set lead. you don't recover from those. was flipping back and forth from that, Monday Night Football, Monday Night Raw and The Voice. let's just say that listening to Jerry Lawler nearly die was a bit sobering. and when i saw the look on Michael Cole's face, i knew this was legit. always a little spooky when pro wrestling gets real.

as for football, none of my players did much of anything last night. i held on to win 2 of my 3 fantasy football games. plus, i picked 11 of the 16 games correct. I'll take that start. just a little tinkering today as i get ready for the fun tomorrow (waiver wire and making picks). i think 2 of my teams have legit chances to win it all. the third one will be a struggle all year long.

did some heavy leg work with my poetry today. figured out what poems were going to go where. always fun when you are sending to places you have never sent to before. i might as well pick with fucking darts. now the fun part. typing and submitting. with a shitty internet. fuck me.

i remember when Yankees vs. Red Sox meant something for both teams. hopefully, the Yankees beat the shit out of Boston the next 3 days and make life a little easier for themselves. I'm not holding my breath that they will take that path, but it would be much fucking easier for me.

i will pay most attention tonight to the USA national team's game vs. Jamaica. a must have 3 points tonight if they actually want to make the World Cup. after watching them play down there and lose, I'm a bit interested in seeing how much do they actually give a shit or not. it would help if they actually remembered how to defend. that's always a good start.

music today:

Father John Misty - Fear Fun
Youth Lagoon - The Year of Hibernation
Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
Shrug - Whole Hog For The Macho Jesus
Guided By Voices - Sunfish Holy Breakfast

"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls." - Pablo Picasso



No comments:

Post a Comment