Monday, September 17, 2012

hope you're in a better place now

this blog post was going to be about the Yankees winning again, spending a Sunday with the windows open and watching football. it was going to contain my thoughts on Boardwalk Empire and the series finale of Weeds. but after watching Sunday night football, checking my fantasy football scores (i'm somehow winning 2 of the 3 games), i opened up my email and found this:

http://foxchasereview.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/rip-james-d-quinton/

to say i was a little shocked would be an understatement. i'm really at a loss for words. i hope you're in a better place now my friend. my apologies for losing touch over the years. and i'm pretty sure i never thanked you enough for all the times you published me. especially the reunion issue, which was amazing. my deepest sympathies to Amy. i hope you find some peace or comfort, or whatever you happen to be looking for.

music today:

The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East

"A friend who dies, it's something of you who dies." - Gustave Flaubert

No comments:

Post a Comment