Saturday, May 26, 2012

the aftermath and then some random bullshit

so after a night of shit sleep if you can call it sleep at all (more like what if Cally wouldn't of hit the post, what if Fatso wouldn't have stopped Richards, what if we had a power play that could score, etc, etc.) and then some bizarre dream of me in high school but being cool and confident, there really was only one thing to listen to this morning.

John Lee Hooker - The Best of Friends
Son House - The Original Delta Blues

the playoff beard is now some funky goatee. my hair is back to permanent bed head. somehow the sun did come up. and man, it's fucking hot. if anyone has any rain to send my way, please do so. crops were planted 2 weeks ago or more and it hasn't rained a drop. if this keeps up... well, you can imagine the bitching and whining coming.

is it a coincidence that i took all my Yankees out of my fantasy baseball lineups and they now have won 4 games in a row. i think not. they won't be coming back on my teams anytime soon.

congrats to the University of Dayton baseball team on their first A10 championship and their first trip to the NCAA tournament.

nice win by team USA tonight over Scotland. didn't know the team had 5 goals in them. very nice.

looking forward to watching Kevin Steen and Davey Richards tonight on ROH. oh yes, i've been a fan of pro wrestling for over 30 years. so don't be shocked when i write about it. i've earned the sophisticated white trash label, it's not a gimmick for me.

so, i guess, all in all, while the loss still burns me and makes me feel numb and wish to die, it's not the end of the world. there's always next year, as i've said each year since 1994. one day, hopefully.

and to end this post out, a quote from one of my favorites

"After the first blush of sin comes its indifference." - Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment