Sunday, July 19, 2015

get hot, storm, rinse, repeat

we have now entered the never ending summer cycle of heat, humidity, storm, night, do it all over again. at one point yesterday, the thermometer we have outside read 115 on it. thankfully, it was directly in the sun at the time. most of the day though, it was over 90 degrees. so imagine my joy when i wake up this morning and it is already 80 degrees. fuck me.

my friend Paul did come over yesterday to watch the USA absolutely destroy Cuba 6-0. finally, they played a full 90 minutes. they will next play Jamaica in the semifinals of the Gold Cup. enjoy some highlights:

the New York Yankees lost yesterday 4-3. Pineda really only made 2 mistakes. sadly, they both ended up in the seats. but, at least they gave themselves a chance in the 9th, but the rally fell short. they go for the series win this afternoon.

Power last night was really good. it had a nice twist near the end that i truly wasn't expecting. it should make the next few weeks really interesting.

ROH was kind of disappointing last night. it was the 200th episode and they decided to treat most of it as a clip show. for someone who has seen most of the 200 episodes, this was just a trip back into recent memory. if it would have been the history of the company, it would have made more sense. and the main event of the show was great, but it couldn't save the previous 45 minutes.

now go enjoy some music, some humor and my reminder of why i like women with curves:

WWE Battleground is on tonight. so my usual Sunday night shows are going to become my late night/early Monday morning Sunday night shows. on the DVR tonight will be Big Brother, The Strain, True Detective, The Brink, Ballers, Last Week Tonight, Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex. that is if the storms don't knock out the satellite feed like last night.

a thing just popped up on the computer saying the storms are going to hit in 2 hours. good times.

hopefully tonight at Battleground Kevin Owens takes the US Championship away from John Cena. that would make me a very happy man. as for the rest of the show, as long as Lesnar and Rollins have a classic, i'm ok with whatever else happens.

i went on a LinkedIn rampage last night tracking down people from my past. not sure if part of me is dying to come out of my cage or if i'm just a lonely fucker at times who gets sick of myself most days. welcome to my world.

that's all for me this morning. my ankle is starting to bother me, so i know rain is on the way. good times. i hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. if it wouldn't be so damn hot and stormy i'd go downtown for the Blues Festival, but i can't see that happening.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Able Danger - Let Go
Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill a Man (Live)
Thieves Like Us - Drugs In My Body
Kaleo - All the Pretty Girls
The Chemical Brothers - One Too Many Mornings

"Everyone has talent at twenty-five. The difficulty is to have it at fifty." - Edgar Degas

and your pro wrestling video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment