Friday, January 2, 2015

arthritis is kicking my ass

if the first 2 days of 2015 are a clue to what the whole year is going to be like, this is going to be my year of pain. i suppose this will be my true test of my pain tolerance. if i make it to the other side, there will be a new me. if i don't, enjoy the poems along the way of my demise. the fact that it's somewhat painful to type this at all is a wonderful sign of things to come.

other than the pain, i'm still riding the high of Ohio State upsetting #1 Alabama last night in the Sugar Bowl. that was an instant classic. the highs, the lows, my incessant cussing out of coaches for play calls, the touchdown run to seal the win, one of the best victory beers of my life. Ohio State won 42-35 and will now play for the National Championship against Oregon. hearing all these fuckers from down south so pissed off last night made me laugh all night long. the myth of the SEC has now been broken forever. thank god.

it took me forever to fall asleep last night and then i got a whole 2 hours of sleep before i woke up to do the dishes. two days in a row of being up before the sun. i guess i'm suddenly in my 60's. i'm going to try to sleep in my chair tonight. i cat nap in the fucker most of the day anyway. hopefully i'll be able to get a few more hours and hopefully my shoulder will feel better as well.

i'm planning on taking a nice long shower after this. enjoy that visual.

Frontier Communications finally got around to fixing our shit. i guess some mice were the culprit on the other main road out here in the sticks. of course, when it gets really cold here in a few days, i expect our service to go out again.

i guess mom is now targeting late January to start the moving process.

after a little nap earlier today, i watched team USA play Russia in the 2015 World Juniors. Russia eliminated the USA once again from this tournament, 3-2. that's 2 years in a row. the two New York Rangers prospects on Russia played good. i think they definitely have two future NHL players in those two picks. as for the USA, there was something missing with this team for sure. when i saw the end of the game and tempers were flaring and no one came to help one American player, it became easy to see that this was a team of individuals. hopefully they learn from this painful lesson, but i seriously doubt it.

i have no clue what i'm going to do tonight. i might pour me a tall glass of whiskey and start sending out poetry submissions. or i might just watch some television and hopefully fall asleep. either way, i'm really looking forward to that shower.

i'll be on here early tomorrow as we have a basketball game at 1 in the afternoon. it's supposed to be raining cats and dogs. hopefully the freezing rain will have moved on by then. the weather is going to get pretty fucking crazy around here in the next 48 hours. from thunderstorms to snow and single digit temperatures. good times.

one the cats has not been eating much the last few days. i figure the ground is just about frozen solid, so it will be dying soon. they rarely die when i can bury them somewhere. i figure once there is a few inches of snow on the ground and we have some snow drifts out here, that's when the damn cat will die. that's certainly one thing i won't miss at the new house. of course, it really just means i'll end up talking to myself more.

that's all for today. i'm thinking i'm going to do a little shaving before i get in the shower. on my face you perverts. i hope everyone had a great day. if not, drink something stronger. thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Kelly Sweet - In the Air Tonight
Rival Sons - Electric Man
Mischa "Book" Chillak w/Esthero - Ready or Not
The Glitch Mob - Can't Kill Us
DJ Khaled w/T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross - All I Do Is Win

"Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers." - Isaac Asimov

No comments:

Post a Comment