Wednesday, January 21, 2015

and 39 years ago today i screamed let me out

today became a birthday of getting shit done. i woke up in a decent enough mood and decided to be a glutton for punishment. i started typing up poems. exactly how any asshole who thinks himself to be a poet should spend his time at 7 in the morning on his birthday. in my utopia, i would be getting a blowjob while eating grapes. in reality, i'm wondering why my fingers don't work as fast on this keyboard.

anywho, i sent 16 poems out today. 3 to The Camel Saloon and 6 each to ZYX and The Stray Branch. when i hear back from these places, i'll pass along the verdicts.

i deposited my birthday money today at the bank. i also entered the gift card my mother got me for amazon.com. i'm not planning on getting anything from there until the move is complete. but, once that happens, i feel sorry for the postal service. i also got a New Orleans Saints shirt, some comfy house shoes, a Dayton Flyers scarf, and a book about Dayton's run to the Elite 8 last season. all in all, not a bad birthday at all.

mom and i went to the sports bar for my birthday this afternoon. when the waitress found out it was my birthday, she asked if i was turning 21. i laughed and noticed the ring on finger and thought to myself, if only... the drinks were a little stiff, which i certainly didn't mind.

now for the sports last night... the Dayton Flyers were due for a stinker. of course, they chose to play that one on national television after getting ranked in the top 25 for the first time this season. they got whipped in every aspect of the game by Davidson last night, 77-60. and quite honestly, it wasn't that close. but, shit happens. they are still 15-3. they play Richmond at home on Saturday night.

while Dayton was playing like shit, the New York Rangers were following right along. to say i was frustrated was an understatement. thankfully, New York came alive in the 3rd period and got the game to OT. and then, this happened:

what a great fucking way to go into the All-Star break. here are the highlights from the whole game:

tonight i'm planning on watching Lucha Underground and American Horror Story. i might watch some hockey as well. and then late tonight, i'm going to catch up on some podcasts while eating some birthday cake.

i also got a haircut today. the barber almost didn't recognize me without my goatee. he then asked how old i was. when i told him i turned 39 today, he was stunned. he remembers when my mother brought me in as a child. now, the funny part of this is this may have been the first time we have spoken outside of how do you want this cut in over a decade. after that, we shot the shit about sports for the next 20 minutes or so.

thankfully, my truck started right up today. i hadn't started it for almost a month. of course, i had to put some air in the tires, but it ran great. that takes a huge burden off of my mind.

ok, that's all for me today. i have some birthday cake waiting for me. thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. i truly do appreciate them.

thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Shinedown - Sound of Madness
Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around with Jim
Dead Man Fall - Bang Your Drum
Nightwish - Ghost Love Score (Live)
Grant Lee Buffalo - Fuzzy

"Do unto others, then run." - Benny Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment