Tuesday, January 20, 2015

a little spring in winter

it got over 50 degrees today. as the guy said on the radio, that probably means we'll have a foot of snow to deal with in March. i, of course, didn't take advantage of the good weather. i've been inside most of today, readying poems for a birthday submission. that's a sure sign that i'm fucked in the head.

last night was a pretty good night of television. Gotham was totally fucking awesome. just when i think that show can't get any better, it does by leaps and bounds. i can't wait for this to come out on DVD or something so i can own it and watch it for every beautiful detail.

the Men in Blazers was pretty funny last night. my mother watched a bit of it as well and was laughing pretty hard at them. i just wish the show was longer. 30 minutes flies by way too quickly.

Monday Night Raw was really good last night. mostly because the veterans were booked great and the surprises truly were the holy shit kind of surprises that reminded me why i love pro wrestling. here are a few clips that made me feel like a child again:


and then Jimmy Fallon reminded me of just how damn hot Jennifer Lopez still is:

i slept pretty good last night. i'm still not happy about waking up around 5 each morning, but i guess i'm just fucking old now. by this time tomorrow, i'll be even older.

tonight will be an interesting one for me. the New York Rangers come on at 7 with their game against Ottawa. and then at 7:30 the Dayton Flyers play at Davidson. so, there's either going to be a ton flipping back and forth or one game will be on mute on the television and the other game will be on the radio. either way, my mom is going to be fucking pissed within 20 minutes. good times.

hopefully i'll be enjoying a couple of victory beers later tonight.

i think in the morning tomorrow i will be emailing some poems out and getting all my mail ready to send. then, i'm hoping my truck starts and i really need to get a fucking haircut. i believe late in the afternoon/early evening, mom is playing on taking me out to eat. i'm guessing sports bar as in all honestly, i'm just a cheap whore.

so, i'm guessing i will be back on here after all that. if not, send a search party.

hard to believe my grandmother would have been 103 today. sadly, she's been somewhere else for the last 22 birthdays.

i highly urge you to read this and share it with anyone and everyone:
http://allymalinenko.com/2015/01/20/welcome-to-cancerland/

that's all for me today. i have to go make dinner as mom is finally trying to take care of her pulled groin. of course, who am i to talk as this pinched nerve or whatever the fuck is ailing me in my left arm isn't getting any better. i suppose the difference is i'm crazy enough to accept the pain and just move on and she isn't. or, maybe i don't want to spend my birthday in a doctor's office. either way, i'm sure you're thinking, just finish this fucker already.

thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Noah Gundersen - Ledges
Flight Facilities w/Reggie Watts - Sunshine
Pantera - I'm Broken
Wussy - Teenage Wasteland
Lucinda Williams - Real Live Bleeding Fingers and Broken Guitar Strings

"The concept of absurdity is something I'm attracted to." - David Lynch

No comments:

Post a Comment