Tuesday, November 11, 2014

and here comes winter...

about two hours ago, i felt my back tightening up. i figured that was the cold front starting to move through. good thing i closed up the barns as best as i could earlier in the day. the young cats looked at me like i was crazy for doing it. of course, the older ones were busy eating and getting prepared for the next few days.

my sister didn't exactly like the counter offer she got on the house. i'm not sure what's going to come out of all of this, but i think there is no chance my sister goes through with the deal if she thinks she's not the one winning in the end. as much as i love her to death, she's the type of person that will die with every single penny she has ever earned clinched in her fists as they drop her in the ground. this is always where i know she secretly can't stand me as i don't give two shits about money. if i have it, great. if i don't, oh well.

i got to see most of what i wanted to last night. Gotham was great once again. there were two performances that really blew me away on The Voice last night...
Monday Night Raw was pretty good. i like the way the teams for Survivor Series are shaping up. i watched some of the MLS playoffs last night and then fell asleep right after Men in Blazers. i might have enjoyed that more if i wasn't dead tired.

i had to drive my mother around this afternoon. she's still not comfortable driving, so i'm going to be doing that for god knows how long. the way she is right now, i have no clue if she's going to be able to go to the basketball game on Friday.

after we got home and ate some lunch, i hopped on the computer to watch Video Game High School. one of my guilty pleasures.

tonight will be another interesting night of television for me. the Concert for Valor is on HBO tonight. The Voice has another night of live performances. and then, the New York Rangers play at home against the Penguins. this could be a brutal hockey game as the Rangers stink on defense right now and the Penguins would like some revenge for the playoffs last season. needless to say, i'm going to be busy bouncing between those three things tonight.

i finished 10-3 on my NFL picks for the second straight week. my two fantasy teams are headed in different directions. one has lost 6 in a row while the other has won 6 in a row. well, at least i might get one team in the playoffs.

that's all for me today. hope everyone had a great Veteran's Day here in the USA or a great Metal Day in the rest of the world. turn it to 11 brothers. thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

The Twilight Singers - Powder Burns
Butch Walker - Battle vs. The War
American Aquarium - Lonely Ain't Easy
Kiss - War Machine
Powerman 5000 - Bombshell

"I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it." - Jonathan Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment