Wednesday, March 27, 2013

moments of happiness

the sun came out today. most of the snow has melted. i have noticed as i have grown older it's the little things that tend to bring me the most joy. and somewhere the evil side of me is now making a penis joke.

last night the New York Rangers looked like the team i absolutely loved last season, destroying Philly 5-2. very fun to watch, as most of the goals were scored by guys on my fantasy team.

i was even happier about team USA's 0-0 draw against Mexico. a HUGE point to get on the road in World Cup Qualifying. the nightmare start of the qualifying round is over and i do believe this team has found an identity. hopefully the good play continues.

podcast goodness to share: check out The Sam Roberts Show Online, episode 48.  it's an absolute must listen, especially if you want to laugh your ass off. it can be found at iTunes, Stitcher, and by going to http://notsam.com/podcast.html. and if you are doing some shopping at Amazon.com, use the link on the podcast page to help Sam out.

made my picks for the Sweet 16 this morning. i have been so off this tournament, i will be shocked if the 8 teams i picked will win.

not sure what i'll be watching on tv tonight. i suppose i should be getting myself ready for baseball season and the nightly ritual that becomes.

i did enjoy night two of The Voice. looks like this season will be just as good or better than the previous three.

flirting with the idea of breaking out the watercolors one of these days and letting my imagination out to play. not that i'm any good at painting or anything, i just find it's helpful to keep the creative juices flowing. and here we go finishing off with yet another place for a penis joke.

music today:

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dali

1 comment:

  1. I'm eagerly awaiting the start of the regular baseball season. I miss pouring over the box scores every morning and have been doing since I could read. Although I used to be into the NCAA Tournament big time, not so much anymore. In my humble opinion, since kids going directly from high school to the NBA exploded, the college quality of the college game has greatly dropped off. Or maybe it's because I stopped betting at about the same time.

    ReplyDelete