Tuesday, July 17, 2012

a Tuesday in the blistering sun

Another day in the 90's. Heat index is supposed to hit at least 100 today. There's a rumor that it might rain on Wednesday. I'm not going to believe it until I actually see it.

I'm pretty proud of Phil Hughes. It really looks like he has turned the corner. Only 2 real mistakes last night, only one of them a home run. He's really cut down on his walks this year as well. It always helps when Raul "I may be 40 but i can still hit a 3-1 fastball a country mile" Ibanez hits a grand slam in the bottom of the 8th. Nice 6-3 win last night. Sucks for the Blue Jays that Joey Bats injured his wrist last night. Hopefully it means he'll miss the next 2 games but be back in time to crush the rest of the AL East.

Side note, the Yankees have scored more than 3 runs in 40 straight games. A team record for a single season. That kind of shocked me considering all the great teams in the past. Of course, according to my superstitious ass the streak will end now that I've talked about. CC comes back tonight, so hopefully they won't need a ton of runs in case it does.

My cat Rita Dove made a rare appearance this morning. I haven't seen it in over a week or so. Not sure what it was eating because it looks really good.

Chuckled as I watched Monday Night Raw last night. I'm really hoping the writers are smart enough to make John Cena the first guy to cash in the Money In The Bank contract and lose. As a fan of CM Punk for years now, I'd love this title run to continue for over a year. The 1000th episode is next week, I'm hoping for 3 hours of good memories and some great wrestling. I fear a lack of both as age takes a toll as the last month of stars coming back has shown.

Not exactly sold yet on this Big Brother cast but I'm slowly getting there. Just enough drama and stupidity that I can laugh myself to sleep each night. Now, if there was only a little slutty activity...

music for today:

Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
Walk The Moon - Walk The Moon
John Mayer - Born and Raised

"Genius does what it must, and talent does what it can." - Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

No comments:

Post a Comment