Wednesday, July 18, 2012

and then it rained...

Had a nice storm roll through this afternoon. It actually might have rained for about 20 minutes or so. Only a minor leak in the kitchen this time. Cooled the temperature down to the 70's as well. Hopefully there will be more to come.

The Yankees had a nice rain shortened win over the Blue Jays 6-0. A good way to end a very nice home stand. Good pitching, timely hitting and let mother nature take care of the rest. This team is starting to make me think of the glory days. Can't wait until they actually get healthy. Last west coast swing of the season is up next. More late nights for me.

Happy to see Manchester United get their tour off to a good start. Still waiting to see if Sir Alex has any more tricks up his sleeve regarding transfers. I'm hoping he does. The back line still needs a little help.

Typed up 3 poems today. The last one is probably the best of the bunch. Might be found next to my body in case suicide ever becomes the only option left for me. It's that good.

In other bizarre news, a first for me. Had a friend actually hang up on me (not that rare) and then call back 3 minutes later to apologize. I don't believe that has ever happened to me before. What an odd life.

music for today:

Father John Misty - Fear Fun (might actually be the best CD I've purchased this century)
The Jesus And Mary Chain - 21 Singles 1984-1998

"Death is not the worst that can happen to men." - Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment