Tuesday, July 10, 2012

a productive day

always love when the words hit me out of nowhere and then holy shit, 4 poems i like are sitting in front of me just like that (snaps fingers). i guess i might as well use those 4 poems for the poetry contest i got in the mail yesterday. i haven't done a contest in a decade but i figure, what the fuck. the winner gets $5,000, so i might as well just press my luck.

on top of that, went through all my other poems and i now have my nice big batch of poems to send out, later this month most likely. always good when the factory keeps churning out a good product.

did my part for the economy and got gas today and placed an order on amazon.com. say goodbye to my health care refund check.

music for today:

John Prine - Souvenirs
Dawes - Nothing is Wrong
Nine Inch Nails - And All That Could Have Been

"There is something curiously boring about somebody else's happiness." - Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment