Monday, December 7, 2015

who doesn't want to start off a Monday with computer problems

so i had my first adventure with my new computer. i started messing around with some songs that i was going to put on my sister's mix cd for Christmas. after about 30 minutes, i thought i had the right mix so i figured i might as well burn one. just my luck, the computer said something was wrong. after i tried all the troubleshooting i could think of, i went back to Computer 101 and remembered... when in doubt, reboot. sure enough, it worked. i had to rework the songs a bit but i was able to burn my sister a cd and used all but 6 seconds of the time on it. she'll either love it or be embarrassed that she is related to me. good times.

and just when i thought my day was done, shortly after cutting out some coupons for my mother, i was racing to the toilet with the shits. one thing i have learned over the years, if you really want to clean yourself out, drink apple juice. sure enough, i had apple juice for lunch. i didn't know it was going to clean me out just 2 hours later. good times.

i watched most of the MLS Cup last night. i felt bad for Columbus. when your goalie makes a fuck up like that in the first 30 seconds, that's a tough one to overcome. when the officials blow a beyond obvious call and 20 seconds later it's in the back of your net, that's the end folks. while Columbus came back to make it 2-1, they never really made me think that Portland was really in trouble. and if there is a coach i'd love to see be the next leader of US Soccer, it's Caleb Porter.

i watched most of the Jets vs. Giants game yesterday with my mother. she's a big Jets fan. she was stunned when they won in OT. i then watched most of the Saints vs. Panthers. i was thrilled that the Saints made some history
(that's the first blocked extra point ever to be returned for 2 points) but it was the same old story in the end with the Saints losing 41-38. as usual, stupid fucking penalties did the Saints in. that's been the story all damn season.

thankfully, the New York Rangers managed to play arguably their best hockey game in a month. especially in the 3rd period where they absolutely shut Ottawa down. a 4-1 win that will hopefully put them in the right direction for this upcoming road trip out west.

Homeland was excellent last night. the show ended at just the right point. The Affair was great once again. i can't wait to see how the rest of the season unravels.

enjoy some music kids:

and now some of this and that:

on the DVR tonight will be The Voice (i have no fucking clue how they are going to cut from 9 to 4 after tonight) and the U2 concert on HBO. between that and The Who concert i recorded over the weekend, i'll have plenty of music to listen/watch over the holidays.

i'm hoping Monday Night Raw is good tonight. they are heading into a ppv, so it should be better than what it has been here lately.

the silly season has started in major league baseball. i see all these teams getting better and the Yankees really haven't done anything. oh joy.

i'm pretty sure i'm going to lose 2 of my 3 fantasy football matches this week. but i did manage to win fantasy hockey, barely.

i got some great FREE music on NoiseTrade this afternoon. i'll put the link down in the music section.

i started working on my Christmas cards today. my apologies to my fans in foreign countries, i think i'm only going to be able to do email this year for all of you. as for the rest of you, you have been warned.

i hope everyone had a great Sunday.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Rounder Records 45th Anniversary Collection

"When I was younger, I wanted to be older. Now I am older, I am not quite so sure." - Tom Waits

and your whatever the fuck video i want you to see of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment