Sunday, December 20, 2015

the most wonderful time of the year... for your back to go out

i was in the shower last night (settle down ladies) and turned to change the setting on the shower head. well, i guess i turned too fast or i'm just getting old, but i immediately felt my back give. holy fuck. my brain quickly switched into find the pleasure in the pain mode, which has come my mode of survival anymore. after i was done with the shower, like the stubborn fuck i am, i got dressed and got ready to go to the basketball game. about 20 minutes into the game, mom asked me if i was ok. i said no. i told her it was my back. now, when in public and my back is killing me, i tend to use adrenaline or alcohol to get me through. i was driving, so alcohol wasn't an option. thankfully, the Dayton Flyers provided me some adrenaline in the second half.

when Dayton was only up by 2 at halftime, i was not happy. they were playing a team (Furman) they should absolutely kill. thankfully, they exploded in the second half to win the game 70-50. they got 23 more rebounds than the opposition in the second half and only missed 3 free throws for the entire game. that is what i call lesson learned.

after the game, it was just cold enough outside that it helped cool my back down. that allowed me to drive to get some food and get back home. once home, i ate and got into my massage chair. the massage and ice helped a little. the only way i could get to sleep last night was on my stomach. i hate sleeping on my stomach. but since my right hip started barking, i had no choice. i figure today will be a mix of stretching and ice and swear words.

Saturday Night Live was pretty good last night. a few of the sketches were really fucking funny.

ROH was good last night. i think i was in so much pain that i really don't know if it was really good or not. i know i watched it all and didn't scream out in agony, so i didn't hate it.

i'm saving Austin City Limits for when i'm wrapping gifts. it's the 1979 performance from Tom Waits.

enjoy some music kids:

and now some of this and that:

on the DVR tonight will be Homeland and The Affair.

the New York Rangers play tonight against the Capitals. i'd love for the Rangers to win so i could have a nice tall glass of something strong.

sadly, that's the best medicine i have for my back.

the fantasy football playoffs start for me today on CBS Sports. i'm trailing in both games. good times.

the worm has turned for me in fantasy hockey though. i'm having my best week all season so far and i'm just about at the point where i'm cracking the top 4. i don't think anyone thought that would happen when i was 15 games out of first place 3 weeks ago.

i hope everyone had a great Saturday. i hope your Sunday is even better.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Cowboy Junkies - Lost My Driving Wheel (Live)
Oasis - Champagne Supernova
David Bowie - Modern Love

"I find myself evil. I believe in the devil as much as God. You can use either one to get things done." - Peter Criss

and your whatever the fuck i want you to see video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment