Tuesday, January 8, 2013

fear, put to rest

(knocking on wood) fears of my bad back ailing me for weeks thankfully were just mere rumor. i was able to stretch it out good and really relieve the pressure in it. whew! thank fucking god. last night, i was actually able to sleep on my shitty bed for nearly 6 hours. which of course went right into today's catching up on chores from my pain day. i'm sure mom will shit herself when she gets home to see i did the dishes and cleaned the toilet in the same day.

saw new songs today from David Bowie and Tom Waits with Keith Richards. my ears have been in ecstasy for most of the day.

a big warm up is on the way here. close to 60 by the end of the weekend. that should do the trick to make sure everyone gets sick. hopefully, whatever rain that is supposed to come along with the warmer temps is dried by the time the temps go back down next week. i really don't want to replace the few inches of snow we have left with a few inches of ice. not good.

i'm not allowing myself to get happy at all that the NHL season will be starting 2 days before i turn 37. though, i did join a fantasy hockey league last night. my hypocrisy runs deep my friends.

with that in mind, if anyone wants to send me anything for my birthday, you are more than welcome to do so.

music today:

David Bowie - Best of Bowie
Nine Inch Nails - Broken

"Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose." - Baltasar Gracian

No comments:

Post a Comment