Monday, January 14, 2013

a weekend to forget

truly, a weekend to forget. i will try to get through my misery quickly.

Dayton Flyers - same old story. start competitive, fall behind big, dig hard to get out of the hole they made, fall short at the end. beyond frustrating by now.

NFL Playoffs - only picked 1 of the games correctly, which more or less knocks me out of any chance of making some money on my picks this year. you can imagine my frustration.

Manchester United - brief moments of joy after a 2-1 win over Liverpool. then, to see Manchester City win and read about the 3 injuries United picked up before and during the game tempered any chance i had of joy.

Sunday Night TV - i laughed at the Golden Globes more than i was bored to death, so that's good. watched Girls on HBO, some people hate it, i love it. probably due to my fascination with the generation right after me or so and how i simply rarely understand them. as for the shows i watch on Showtime; Shameless is always brilliant. never had any complaints. House of Lies is just bad enough that i like it and can't turn away. Califorincation is one of my favorite shows ever. love the writing, stay for the nudity. looks like all 3 should be interesting. hopefully.

today has been a blah day for the most part. the weather is 40 degrees colder than it was yesterday. i guess i'll see just how good my white blood cells are. speaking of blood, i get my drawn in the morning. plus, get my driver's license renewed. someone put a bullet in my head NOW.

looking forward to Monday Night Raw tonight. 20 year anniversary. fuck, i feel old. should be an interesting trip down nostalgia lane.

looking forward to hockey starting back up this weekend. i imagine if the New York Rangers weren't one of a few Stanley Cup favorites, i wouldn't give two shits. even though it's a bastardized season, i like winning. always have.

music today:

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
Social Distortion - Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
Ana Tijoux - La Bala

"Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it." - Laurence J. Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment