Monday, August 13, 2012

so there's a few good ones left after all

i want to start this off with a big fat THANK YOU to Russell over at The Camel Saloon for recommending a poem i sent him would be better off at Jellyfish Whispers. i can probably count on one hand the number of editors/publishers that have done that for me before. whenever i'm near your neck of the woods, the first round is on me my friend.

not exactly sure what my feelings are about the Yankees signing Derek Lowe. it's bad enough that my mind won't let the 2004 epic collapse ever go away, but to see a member of that Red Sox team wearing pinstripes makes my stomach turn a little. of course, if he wins a championship here like Damon did, i'll get over it.

big home stand this week for the Yankees. get some timely wins over Texas and Boston and that should help put the AL East to bed. struggle this week and the last 6 weeks of the season will be nail biting time.

another rather cool day here. the weather this summer has been totally bizarre. and each day i drive down the lane to get the paper and mail i try not to look at the corn. just too fucking depressing.

hoping to have another writing session sometime this week. i feel like i have some good ones coming given all the shit going on in the world. let alone going on with people i know. i need one of those couple of hours where i bust out 10-15 gems and my fall will be looking good.

i did catch a little of the closing ceremony of the Olympics last night. hadn't seen Fat Boy Slim in quite some time. when he popped up my mind quickly thought back to my drug filled teens/20's. good times.

music today:

The Chemical Brothers - dig your own hole
Metallica - Beyond Magnetic
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible." - Alfred Hitchcock



No comments:

Post a Comment