Thursday, August 2, 2012

the other side of happiness

the good news from Nerve Cowboy was totally unexpected. the thing is they normally only publish me every 7 years. this breaks that streak by about 5 1/2 years. a nice pat on the back for me. what sucks about the poem they chose to accept, "checked back into place", it's a poem about the muse. and seeing how the muse and i haven't spoke in almost a month and have no intention of ever speaking again, there's a bit of sadness that goes along with that poem now. though the poem itself is fucking funny as hell. just sayin'...

that being said, if anyone is interested in being the next muse, feel free to contact me. email, letters, smoke signals, your choice.

with the Yankees being off today, i decided to do a little shopping on amazon.com. needed to get my sister's birthday gift and of course a few things for myself. if everything arrives in a week, i'll be a happy boy.

speaking of my sister's birthday next month, i'm really looking forward to the music festival that falls on the same date. a ton of great acts and i'm actually going. should be a fucking blast. if anyone else is planning on going, let me know and maybe we'll meet up somewhere around downtown. for more info, check out http://www.downtownrevival.com/.

and while i'm plugging things, go check out The Sam Roberts Show Online at http://www.notsam.com/. i highly recommend episode #24. be sure to listen to the whole thing and hear my name mentioned near the end of the podcast. always kind of weird when someone a hell of a lot more famous than i think i am knows my name. i believe the podcast is also available at iTunes and Stitcher as well.

my usual Thursday night of television is on tap for this evening. i may sprinkle in a few moments of the Olympics as well. shaping up to be a good day for team USA. of course, i won't be choosing gymnastics over a talking dog and Louis C.K.

music today:

Father John Misty - Fear Fun
Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
Sonic Youth - Washing Machine

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home." - Twyla Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment