Friday, April 17, 2015

and then the sun came out...

welcome to the 17th day of National Poetry Month. today, i'm going to shine a bright light on a great poet and a man i consider a friend, Alan Catlin. truly one of the better poets around. and he's been around my friends. dig into some of these links, BUY some books, and truly enjoy one of the finer ones that has ever come around.
http://www.wordriot.org/template.php?ID=366
http://rivetjournal.com/issue1/three-poems-by-alan-catlin/
http://misfitmagazine.net/archive/No-6/catlin.html
http://www.rattle.com/poetry/to-hell-in-a-handbasket-by-alan-catlin/
http://www.albanypoets.com/poets/alan-catlin/

my sister stayed for over 3 hours with my father and family she forgot she had yesterday. she also met my father's wife for the last 10 years, her sister, etc. etc. i guess my sister did set the story straight to my father's wife on why the divorce happened, why we never came around, etc. etc. knowing my father, i can wisely guess that he told his wife that my mom turned us kids against him and we wanted nothing to do with him even though he did all these things for us over the years. my father believed that all he needed to do was provide a roof and food. anything else was my mother's job and she had to pay for it. my father gladly worked over 80 hours a week for over 30 years. gee, i can't imagine why he's on the verge of death at the age of 68. of course, my sister tells me he's not as close as we were let on by his sister. he is eating. he is talking. my sister got the room number in case i wanted to go. i told her i would go to the funeral and help put dirt on the grave.

the New York Rangers got their playoffs off to a great start last night scoring just 28 seconds in:
they scored again on the power play and then held on for the rest of the game for a 2-1 win. 15 more wins to go boys. here are some highlights from the game:

the New York Yankees are playing as i type this. i was hoping to get this done before the game started but sometimes, life gets in the way. i believe A-Rod has homered again, so hopefully i'll be enjoying a victory beer later tonight.

mom and i went out today to get some frames and other shit for all of the memorabilia i have here at the house. so, for the first time in my life, i'll actually get to display all of it. when i do get all of that up, i'll take some pictures. it's going to look fucking insane, trust me.

the shows last night were really good. The Big Bang Theory was hilarious. Louie was fucking great. any show that starts off with a guy shitting his pants is a winner. The Comedians was really funny. and then, suddenly becoming my guilty pleasure, Lip Sync Battle. this show is more funny than it should be. enjoy:



tonight is going to be mostly flipping between baseball and playoff hockey games. and maybe i'll get around to eating dinner sometime soon.

i wasn't thrilled when i found out this morning that Manchester United has 4 new injuries. especially when that news is announced the day before they play at Chelsea. i'll be on here tomorrow after that game. i'm not expecting to be in a good mood.

that's all for me today. i hope everyone had a great Friday and is fucking ready for the weekend.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Arcade Fire - Wake Up
Metallica - One (Live)
Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy
My Morning Jacket - Suspicious Minds (Live)
DJ Shadow - Midnight In A Perfect World
Chris Stapleton - Traveller
Pearl Jam - Sirens

"An incinerator is a writer's best friend" - Thornton Wilder

and your pro wrestling video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment