Friday, September 26, 2014

RE2PECT

it takes a night like last night to remind me why i loved baseball as a child and why i love being a fan of the New York Yankees even more. there is no soul on earth who could have scripted last night and not be laughed at in every inner circle jerk in Hollywood. Derek Jeter's final home game will be remembered by every Yankee fan for the rest of their lives. the big hit in the first inning. the constant chants. the horrific blown save that set up one of the most dramatic moments in a meaningless game in baseball history. and yes, i was in tears by the end of it.
easily, the best win of the season. they play again tonight in Boston. i couldn't give a shit if Jeter plays or if they win. last night will be what everyone remembers.

needless to say, since god is obviously a Yankees fan
(photo courtesy of Judy G. on Google+) 

and there was no rain after every forecast on earth said there would be, i didn't watch any other sports last night. i was a little surprised with the blowout in the NFL. i didn't see that coming at all. thankfully, neither of my opponents this week had any New York Giants on their fantasy teams.

today has been a pretty long day for me. got my blood drawn at the doctor's office. i'll find out early next week if anything is going on with it. i also got a flu shot. i figured since i'm going to be around more people with having the hockey season tickets, i better be the responsible adult for once in my life. after all that, nothing quite like eating cheeseburgers before noon since you haven't eaten anything in over 12 hours. mom had another doctor's appointment to go to, so guess where i ended up going. at least the chairs in the waiting room were somewhat comfortable.

when we got home, the cats were giving me that WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN look. i laughed and took my time getting their food and water ready. after feeding them, i got some money together and went to the bank to make a deposit. always fun trying to get there while trying to avoid school bus routes. the lady that took my deposit did make me laugh. she wanted to let me know that i have qualified for a new Chase credit card. i bet i have. i haven't had a paying job in 12 years. sure, why wouldn't i get another credit card.

tonight will be a little baseball and then The Knick on Cinemax. i finally fucking remembered it. hopefully it is a great episode.

i'll most likely be on here tomorrow after the Manchester United game. i would say earlier but tomorrow is derby day in the Premier League and my ass will be glued to the television. of course, if i do what i did today and get up way before the sun does... fuck it, i'll be on here sometime tomorrow. not like anyone is waiting with baited breath...

a thank you to the nurse who took my blood today. it was obvious you were flirting with me, asking about my hair color. i figured i did good when i told her she didn't need any for hers when she complained about her grays coming in. i'm curious to see where the sex dream goes tonight. she did tie me off and put a needle in me, so i'm guessing there is going to be some pain involved.

that's all for me today. hope everyone has a great weekend. thanks for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time. 

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Arcade Fire - Wake Up
John Prine - It's a Big Old Goofy World
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers
Volbeat - A Warrior's Call
Geto Boys - My Mind Playin Tricks on Me

"Anxiety is the hand maiden of creativity." - T.S. Eliot


No comments:

Post a Comment