Monday, September 15, 2014

an awful day

i rarely get a day where everything goes how i would like it in my life. i believe people call that life itself. but yesterday was a cruel reminder of just how awful a day can get. first, the good news...

Manchester United finally looked like a team i could be proud of, destroying QPR 4-0. most of the new boys played great. goals from Di Maria, Herrera, Rooney and Mata. i was hoping to enjoy that victory beer, but then my awful Sunday got going.

my fantasy teams absolutely stunk yesterday. injuries, hardly any touchdowns, did i mention injuries, just fucking god awful. i'm trailing by so much in both games, i won't even bother with the game tonight.

on top of all the that, the New Orleans Saints lost again on a last second field goal. and since i have family members that are Cleveland fans, i'm sure i'm going to hear about it. thankfully, i doubt any of them have the guts to say something to me. this is quickly going from a promising season to how i remember them in my youth. not good.

to put the cherry on my day, the Yankees blew a lead in the ninth and lost 3-2. thank god i didn't watch that game at all. i followed it on the internet as i was watching my Sunday night shows.

as for the Sunday night shows, football went late so i didn't watch much of Big Brother. mom told me i didn't miss much. Boardwalk Empire was excellent. The Strain was great once again. Last Week Tonight had me laughing. Total Divas was good. Ray Donovan was good. and finally, Masters of Sex was really good. i love that that show has made some real improvements from the first season.

tonight, the Yankees are down in that dump in Tampa. i might watch during commercial breaks of other shows.

i am looking forward to Monday Night Raw tonight. hopefully, a beautiful John Cena beat down will happen.

got some disturbing news this morning. a guy i went to school with killed himself. i always get a little leery about news when it comes to the town i grew up in, especially when it involves swat teams and tear gas. sure enough, this time it was someone i knew. we were never real close friends. i never will forget him though, as he was the one to introduce me to the Beastie Boys. so, wherever you may be Shawn, rest in peace.

and to end this depressing blog, what once was a sunny day has turned to rain. there's nothing quite like the pain of waking up from a nap in your favorite chair and your whole damn body is aching. good times.

but, Fed Ex just delivered the new toilet parts for the plumber tomorrow, so maybe life is turning back to the good. at least for a brief few moments.

i need to go take a shower since we won't have water for much of tomorrow. i can't wait for that. just imagine my life if i didn't have patience.

that's all for me for today. hope everyone had a much better weekend than i did. thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Joe Bonamassa - Midnight Blues (Live)
Tinsley Ellis - Kiss of Death
Dr. Dog - Shadow People
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
Grace Potter - I Shall Be Released (Live)

"I have not told half of what I saw." - Marco Polo

No comments:

Post a Comment