Thursday, November 15, 2012

frustration and poetry news

got my daily chores (getting the paper and mail from town) done early this morning so i could try and watch the Dayton Flyers via the internet this afternoon. let's just say i would have been better off forgetting they were playing today.

the feed was spotty at best but i hung with it because Dayton was winning. as soon as the game turned to shit, i gave up on my supposedly high speed internet feed and just turned on the radio. a loss by 10 points to Colorado is not that bad in the general sense. the game was much closer than that for most of it. the shitty part is you are now in the losers portion of the bracket and the teams you will face in that will be a drag on your strength of schedule and RPI later on in the season. all shit you need to be good to get into the NCAA tournament. needless to say, i'm not a happy camper.

so, the only way i know how to blow off some steam and not kill something, music and poetry. turned on some tunes and sent out some poems today to The Camel Saloon and Zygote in My Coffee. 2 of my favorites and 2 that i figure i have the best shot at some good news coming back. i'll pass along the (good) news as soon as i get it.

the rest of my day will be spent on dishes, google+, checking fantasy football injury reports, and getting ready for a Thursday of tv viewing.

i really wouldn't mind if the players i have going tonight in NFL action actually have great games so the stench of last weeks 3 losses can finally come off of me. fingers are crossed.

music today:

Shooter Jennings - The Wolf
John Prine - Souvenirs

"I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life - and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do." - Georgia O'Keeffe

No comments:

Post a Comment