Saturday, June 13, 2015

summer isn't made for fat people

nothing like breaking out in a sweat when taking a few steps outside to go check the mailbox. and here i thought the storms that rolled through last night was going to cool things down a bit. so much for that.

the storms did knock out the satellite for a little bit. i didn't mind as the Yankees were getting pounded at the moment. but, i was trying to record NJPW on the DVR. that screwed that up. thankfully, i got to see the main event. that was great as usual.

the Yankees lost last night 11-3. the only bright spot was getting to see Mason Williams finally play in the big leagues. they play again tonight at Baltimore. thankfully, i believe the game will be blacked out for me.

VICE was excellent last night. if you have any interest in what is going on in the Middle East, it's a MUST watch episode:


i did manage to write 5 pretty damn good poems last night. i typed those up this morning. that should give me enough poems to send out a quick submission or two this coming week.

mom surprised me this morning and paid me the money i made in the auction. that should be an interesting look at the bank when i bring in a couple grand in cash to deposit.

here's some funny shit from last night:

i got a $15 code for iTunes yesterday. so, i tried to catch up on some songs i've been wanting to buy but i was busy being cheap. you'll see all that down in the music section.

i think most of my day today is going to involve soccer. from the Women's World Cup to the Copa America to the European qualifiers, i should have enough to keep me busy or put me to sleep.

the USA women played Sweden to a 0-0 draw last night. i'm not sure what's up with the USA forwards. i hope they realize they do need to score at some point if they want to win it all.

tonight will be a mix of some hockey, Austin City Limits, ROH and god knows what else. on the DVR will be Power, a very underrated show on Starz.

enjoy a quick music break:

my new chair is a radical change for me. everything is motorized. that should help me when my arthritis is killing me. plus, the massage on it worked pretty good yesterday. i figure once i get used to it, i should be able to nap in it pretty easily.

the trip to the grocery store yesterday was pretty interesting. about 5 minutes after we arrived, the bone spurs in my right foot went nuts. that was fun walking with a limp the entire time. the only thing that got me through was the lovely women. it might be the only reason why i tolerate the fucking heat. seeing women wearing next to nothing or something short and tight certainly helps me get through the day. as you might imagine, yes, one of the poems last night was about that.

that's pretty much all for me today. i do hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. hopefully you'll have a chance to lounge in the shade with a cold beverage that someone else bought.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

The String Cheese Incident - Betray the Dark
Faith No More - Easy
The Glitch Mob - Piece of the Indestructible (EP)
Sleeping At Last - Chasing Cars
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Long As I Can See the Light

"My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance." - Tim Allen

and your pro wrestling video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment