Monday, May 4, 2015

say goodbye to spring

nothing quite like a nice hot, humid day in early May. and since we usually resist using the AC for as long as possible, the house is nice and funky today. i guess i need to find the time to squeeze in a shower today.

i got two more emails from my aunt's today. it's becoming painfully obvious that my father told his family that my mother, sister and i wanted to never hear from them again. truth be told, my father told my mother that if we contacted his family ever again, he was going to kill her. talk about not being able to handle rejection. thank god that didn't pass on to me.

tonight is the absolute worst night for everything to be on television, given that i have a funeral to be at at 10 AM. if i'm wearing sunglasses in the rain tomorrow, everyone will understand why.

more on tonight's clusterfuck later.

the New York Yankees got their first sweep in Boston since 2006 with a 8-5 win last night. that was a sweet victory beer. they play against Toronto tonight.

the Sunday night shows were excellent. Nurse Jackie was great. Happyish is so fucking weird that it's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. the writing is great. Penny Dreadful was creepy and fucking brilliant. i love that that show is back. Veep was hilarious. Silicon Valley was great. and lastly, Last Week Tonight hit it out of the park again:

the clusterfuck tonight is massive. all of this is just about on at the same time. i think my DVR may blow up tonight. the Yankees, Game 3 between the New York Rangers and Washington, the NBA playoffs, the Gotham season finale, The Voice, Monday Night Raw, and to top everything off, that Kurt Cobain documentary is on HBO tonight. oh, and i nearly forgot the special that will be on CBS about David Letterman. how in the fuck am i going to watch all this?

thankfully both of my packages from Amazon.com came today before the rain. that allowed me to get mom's Mother's Day gifts all squared away for Sunday, or whenever my sister decides we're going to celebrate it.

my arthritis has been flaring for most of the day, so i know the rain is coming. good times.

i'll be on here sometime tomorrow afternoon unless i decide to just drink myself to oblivion after the funeral service. it will be Cinco de Mayo after all. and i have a whole book in my head of horror stories of my days with tequila. you tasty devil you.

that's all for my creative ass today. i hope everyone had a great weekend.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds in Country Music
Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color
Velvet Underground - Live Vol. 2

"I have been enlightened. I have fallen into poetry and it has swallowed me up." - Keith Haring

and your pro wrestling video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment