Sunday, December 21, 2014

oh well

so my day started off with 3 poems getting rejected by The Camel Saloon. being the stubborn fuck i am, i'll probably do another submission somewhere before 2014 ends.

it was kind of funny, both my sister and i were up before mom got up today. i guess since we were doing Christmas today, it should have been expected. mom felt bad that she didn't get to do much shopping this year, being sick and working all the time. but, i do really appreciate the gift cards she got me. i've put the ones for iTunes already to use. i'm going to try to be a good boy and wait to use the Amazon.com cards until after my birthday (Jan. 21 for anyone interested in getting me something...HINT HINT). my sister got me some pretty cool shit, the best being the locally made vodka and the glass for it. given how a certain NFL team played today, that vodka might get used tonight. i think my sister really liked what i got her. i know my mother was sort of shocked with what i got her. all in all, not a bad Christmas this year. my sister had to go home to let her handyman in to fix her toilet. from the sound of it, she had an interesting drive home.

i didn't get to see any of the New York Rangers game last night. but, i did enjoy the victory beer. nothing quite like a perfect road trip. a 3-2 win in a shootout. the two teams play tonight at MSG. here are the highlights from yesterday:

the Dayton Flyers finally got some shots to fall for a change and won last night 78-62. hopefully the hot shooting continues as they play again on Tuesday night against Georgia Tech and the former coach of Dayton, Brian Gregory. here are some highlights from last night's win:

ROH was excellent last night. the main event was one of the craziest no DQ matches i have ever seen.

Saturday Night Live started off great last night.
but sadly, i didn't care for much of the rest of the show.

the New Orleans Saints had a chance to take a huge step closer to making the playoffs today. well, thanks to some shitty officiating, an offense that couldn't get out of its own way and a defense that absolutely fucking SUCKS, they lost 30-14. the lost eliminates them from a chance to be in the playoffs. hopefully they make a good draft choice being that high in the draft this year.

i'm losing in my fantasy football championship game. i want to believe that it can get to the single digits so my WR from the Broncos will have a chance to help me win tomorrow, but i doubt it. i won't give up hope yet, but i'm pretty damn close to it.

tonight, i'm really looking forward to the season finales of Homeland and The Affair. both of those should be outstanding. i'll probably watch some football and some hockey as well.

that's all for me today. i'll be on here sometime tomorrow. i know mom is dragging me to her meeting with the nutritionist tomorrow, so that should be interesting. i'm guessing i might be on here in the afternoon.

i do hope everyone is having a great weekend. thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Grant Lee Buffalo - Live At the Royal Festival Hall

"I never set out to be weird. It was always other people that called me weird." - Frank Zappa

No comments:

Post a Comment