Wednesday, October 15, 2014

one day the sun will rise again...

i felt like i did the right thing yesterday by waiting to leave for the hockey game. and for the first 5 minutes of the drive, i was right. and then it started to rain. and rain, and rain some more. it rained all the way to my sister's condo. and then it rained all the way to the arena. thankfully, my sister knows her way around Columbus. we avoided most of the traffic and got to the arena in plenty of time for the game. more on the game in a bit.

it rained for about 1/3 of the drive home last night. and it has rained on and off all day long here. to say i'm a bit gloomy and in pain would be an understatement. though, i did achieve a bit of joy by shooting my load into the middle of my chest earlier today. enjoy that visual as you read the rest of this.

the Blue Jackets lost to Dallas 4-2. i had a pretty good time, mostly because the 2 goals Columbus scored were by the guy on my fantasy team. though, my mood went to shit in the third period as i noticed the scoreboard and what was happening in the Rangers game. more on that in a moment. the next game we go to is on Friday. they are playing Calgary. i'll have fantasy interests on both of the teams that night. i did get to feel like i knew what i was talking about when i was telling my sister about the best players on Dallas. they scored all 4 of the goals.

the Rangers lost to the Islanders 6-3. thank fucking god i didn't watch that shit. Rick Nash scored 2 more goals, so that's really helping my fantasy team. but my goalie is fucking killing me. i know he starts off every season a bit slow... but giving up 6 goals in back to back games is a bit much. of course, after reading the game reports, his defense is doing him no favors. they play again on Thursday. maybe they will get a fucking win.

i watched a bit of The Voice on YouTube today. once again, none of the battles really blew me away. hopefully the good shit comes next week.

we ate at Waffle House last night around midnight. i felt sorry for the black woman working there. the town we live in has hardly any minorities. and the two white cooks weren't saying a fucking word to her. not even boring work chit chat. if i wasn't so fucking hungry i would have whipped out the charm... but the weather is doing me no favors.

i'll be watching a little hockey tonight, maybe some baseball, and eventually American Horror Story. that will get over in time for me to flip over to Foo Fighters week on Letterman.

i got most of the guys i wanted in fantasy football. now, i will have to come up with a plan to beat two opponents that are way better than me. hell, one is still undefeated. i have a feeling i'm going to come up short this week. hopefully my picks are good. i'm on a bit of a hot streak with those.

i'd like to go through my file of unpublished poems tomorrow and figure out what i'm going to send where. i'm hoping to send out some more submissions next week sometime.

that's all for me today. hope the weather is better wherever the fuck you may be. thanks again for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your precious time.

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Cage The Elephant - Come a Little Closer
Morphine - You Look Like Rain
The Glitch Mob - Can't Kill Us
The Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes
K's Choice - Not an Addict

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment