Sunday, May 12, 2013

i love it when a plan comes together

so i woke up this morning feeling a little bit better, not much though. fed the cats, took a shower and managed to not get sick, so i guess the stomach bug had passed.

mom wanted to go to Waffle House for mother's day. not exactly my first choice, but my sister loves it and is paying so i don't have much say in the matter. i didn't eat much, just wanted enough to be able to get me through the day without spending hours on the toilet.

got home in time to see all of the Manchester United match. it was very nice to see them win 2-1 with of all people, Rio getting the game winner. it was like his first fucking goal in i think 5 years. and then to watch Sir Alex speak and celebrate another trophy with the boys, water works on my end. there will never be another. next season will be a weird one to say the least.

that game and post game festivities went right into the Yankee game for me. the Yankees got great pitching the last 2 days and ended up sweeping the Royals. and holy shit, the Yankees are in first by themselves in the AL East. funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.

that game went right into game 6 for the New York Rangers. a gutsy, skin of their teeth 1-0 win over Washington. game 7 is tomorrow night back in the nation's capital. i guess all my Monday shows are going to get the cold shoulder from me. highlights below:


so that made 3 victory beers today. i really don't drink as much as i used to as i can still feel a little headache from the third one, and that was about 4 hours ago.

i need to get some sleep. the Yankees play a doubleheader in Cleveland tomorrow and i really need to get the grass cut as well. decisions, decisions.

i suppose it depends on how my sleeping goes. i really want to have a good vibe going into game 7 tomorrow. i don't want to have any reason to blame myself for a loss. and yes, i'm a weirdo like that.

and for some reason i now have a LinkedIn profile. not that i really plan on using it much.

"The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin


No comments:

Post a Comment