Friday, May 10, 2013

a rainy Friday

so i raced home from the post office because i got a video idea racing my head. it was just starting to rain and i have a poem called "what is rain" in my NEW book, Sofisticated White Trash. so i quickly shot it, posted it, but for some fucking reason i can't post it here on my blog. so, if you go to my YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/user/jjthepoet1) or if you go to my Google+ page, you can find the video there.

i believe my sister is coming down for the Mother's Day weekend. hopefully my sports teams are winning so i don't play the role of asshole as usual.

the Yankees had a rainy 3-1 win yesterday to take the series in Colorado. and holy shit, they are now tied for first place in the AL East. not bad for a team of replacements. they start a series tonight in Kansas City. hopefully the shitty weather doesn't follow them there.

not sure how much of the baseball game i'll watch tonight as the New York Rangers play a fucking HUGE game 5 tonight. the winner tonight basically controls the series. let me just say that i have the vocal chords warmed up and i will be probably pacing or rocking the chair violently at some point.

i did catch a live concert last night of the Zac Brown Band performing at Red Rocks. it ended right before the storms knocked out the satellite feed. i tuned in about 20 minutes late, which i'll try to find online i guess. the concert was awesome. any time i see a country band do songs from Metallica and Led Zeppelin, my ears are definitely interested. and if you can find the encore of them doing songs in glow in the dark skeleton costumes, i highly recommend it.

i'm hearing from more people who have received copies of my book. glad to see the postal service can still do something right. i've lined up a couple of reviews as well. if you'd like to do a review for the book, please email me and we can exchange some info.

i would like to write a few poems this weekend if i find the time. 5 days in a row of rain have got some thoughts floating in my head that eventually will need to find a home.

i hope everyone has a great weekend. i hope any mom that happens to be reading this has a really great weekend.

music today:

Leonard Cohen - The Future

"All generalizations are false, including this one." - Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment