Thursday, May 2, 2013

let the insanity begin

i spent most of yesterday dealing with major computer problems. after looking back, i figure this most likely has to do with Frontier Communications. and if you are somehow unsure of my feelings about Frontier, i'll put it this way; if you ever have a chance to pick between Frontier and getting the plague, choose the plague. absolutely much easier to deal with than the assholes at Frontier.

then, i got an email from my publisher this morning showing me that my copies of my book are waiting for me at the post office and have been for a few days. knowing the general incompetence of employees at the post office, this did not shock at me. long story short, i now have some books in my possession and the endless hustle begins.


and for a little bonus sample, here's my poem "birthdays" from page 43 of Sofisticated White Trash.

if you are interested in a review copy or would rather purchase a copy of the book directly from me, please email me as soon as possible.

the Yankees won the last 2 nights to take the series from Houston. too much of playing down to your competition for my liking. they have the night off tonight, which they probably need giving that the injury bug seems to be spreading now.

tonight starts the playoffs for the New York Rangers. i'm trying to be less of a weirdo this playoff run. i tend to get a little carried away with my superstitions at this time of year. so, no same music or clothes after wins, no same breakfast on every game day; the only thing i'm sticking with is the playoff beard. so, i hope to not shave again until the summer. god willing.

in case you missed it, do checkout the podcast Sam Roberts did with former child star Danny Tamberelli. an absolute laugh riot. definitely not an episode to miss. you can check it out at iTunes, Stitcher, and by going here: http://www.notsam.com/news/srso-podcast-53-danny-tamberelli and if you enjoy the podcast, please spread the word about the Sam Roberts Show Online.

i will try to sneak in a few other things during the hockey intermissions tonight. mostly The Big Bang Theory and some playoff basketball. and i do hope the Rangers win so i'm not up most of the night over analyzing a defeat.

i did a little amazon.com shopping this morning. i hope my mother likes what i'm getting her for mother's day. it should surprise her to say the least. i filled out the rest of my order with some music. so, if you start seeing some names you've never seen before down below, you'll know that i got a little involved in the recommendations part on amazon.com.

that's all for today. i hope i have some good news to report tomorrow.

lastly, those of you who have already talked to me about my book, your copy will be going into the mail tomorrow.

music today:

Beastie Boys - Solid Gold Hits
Lou Reed - Rock N Roll Animal

"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." - Albert Camus


No comments:

Post a Comment