Friday, January 21, 2022

happy birthday to me

 so, the first thing i saw this morning was the death of Meat Loaf. and then later, i saw the news of the death of Louie Anderson. not exactly how i wanted to spend my 46th birthday, stewing in the news of two people that brought me great joy in my life and their deaths, which of course meant, i would be thinking about my own. my mother and sister got me some great presents this year; books, coffee, music, etc. all of which will be enjoyed.




this is going to be a quick one today as i think we're going to be eating dinner here soon.


Vice News Tonight had a good two shows this week. the show comes back in February.


Young Sheldon was very funny last night.


United States of Al was good last night. 


B Positive was excellent last night.


enjoy some music:







and now some of this and that:









on the DVR tonight will be Smackdown, AEW Rampage, Real Time with Bill Maher and Back On the Record with Bob Costas. i'll watch 205 Live sometime tonight on Peacock.


the New York Rangers play tonight at Carolina. this should be a good measuring stick to see how good the Rangers actually are this season. plus, 5 former Rangers play for Carolina, so that should be interesting.



i should be on here tomorrow sometime before Manchester United plays West Ham.



thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes. i really appreciate them.


and thanks to everyone for checking out my latest published poem:



until tomorrow kids...


fight the power.


fuck racism.


fuck hatred.


fuck the police.


black lives matter.


stay healthy.


wash your fucking hands.


stay socially distant.


get the fucking shot.


uno de estos días el círculo estará completo


be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.


peace and chicken grease...


music:


Otis Redding - A Change Is Gonna Come


David Bowie - Modern Love


Meat Loaf - You Took the Words Right out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)


Leonard Cohen - Closing Time


Muddy Waters - Champagne & Reefer (Live)


"I'm not against half naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be." - Benny Hill


and your whatever the fuck i wanted you to see video of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment