Wednesday, May 16, 2018

and then cancer comes in the room and bums everyone out...

i have a sign in my room that says i get my cardio by running from adult responsibilities. today might be the day i run for a few miles. my best friend sent me a message this morning i never wanted to hear from her. the mass in her left breast is cancer and they need to remove the whole breast. we got into a little argument last week when i brought up this possibility. now that it is actually here, i know my tough love approach won't work. this is when i need to be the compassionate listener. now, that's something i do well, but when a person just a few years older than myself is facing this, i know all my listening will turn into me facing my own mortality. i joke all the time i do all i do for my mother so i get to stay in the will. she said something about it yesterday and i quickly snapped back with the unfortunate reality we all know... none of this will do me any good if i die first. that brings up a topic in most of my poems, the race to death. i have to call my best friend later this afternoon. i figured i would get the blog done before that fucking cry fest begins. she's one of the few humans on the planet that tells me she loves me and actually means it. it figures she'd have cancer. god hates me.

the New York Yankees got down 3-0 last night at the Nationals. they clawed their way back to get it to 3-3 and then the fucking rain came. and it never stopped. so the game was suspended until 5 PM tonight. they will try to finish the game from yesterday and then play the game they had scheduled for tonight. of course, it's supposed to rain tonight in D.C. so who the fuck knows if they will even get to play at all.

i was pleasantly surprised last night when the Sacramento Kings got the #2 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery. of course, i immediately wondered how they will fuck this up. hopefully, that doesn't happen.

Smackdown was pretty good last night.

205 Live was really good last night.

The Voice was good last night. i had 3 of the 4 finalists i chose correct. and seeing that the only one i had wrong was the one i had fifth, i'm really fine with the Final 4. i would love to see Kyla or Spensha win, but my gut says Britton will win this.

Deadliest Catch was really good last night.

The Chris Gethard Show was fucking great last night.

The Jim Jefferies Show was hilarious last night.

here are your highlights from the NHL and NBA playoffs last night:

enjoy some music:

and now some of this and that:

on the DVR tonight will be Vice News Tonight and Being Serena. i will watch NXT sometime tonight on WWE Network.

i will probably watch some of the NHL and NBA playoffs tonight as well.

i'm getting ready to watch some of the Europa League Final to take my mind off things for a bit.

plus, there is rain in the area, so my arthritis is raging at the moment. joy.

i have no idea if mom is going to her physical therapy appointment tomorrow or not. she's still coughing her head off at the moment. if she does, i'll be on here tomorrow after that. if she doesn't, i might have a little writing session and then i'll be on here. i can't imagine what would be on my mind to write about.

that's all for me today kids.

el cáncer nunca puede quitar mi amor por ti

be well. be creative. be cool. be quick to send me CASH, panties, hate mail, love letters, broken promises and dirty pennies from heaven.

peace and chicken grease...

music:

Warren Haynes - Angel Band/Soulshine (Live)
Levon Helm - Wide River to Cross
John Prine - Paradise (Live)

"A thinking woman sleeps with monsters." - Adrienne Rich

and your whatever the fuck i wanted you to see video of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment